Hello everyone.

My husband and myself were doing something around the roof on our house. We were changing something and we left a lot of nails on the grass in front of our home. I wanted to clean them after the lunch because I was very tired. After lunch I fell asleep.

My dog woke me up. He was crying in pain. He was running and…you know what happened :/

It is our fault.

Stupid nails!

His paw is bleeding now. I really need your help – I cleaned his paw, but he is still bleeding.

How to treat it at home?

Hello. You can treat it at home but I would definitely recommend you to see the vet because you don’t have a clue is this nail infected or not. That is why you don’t know is there a possibility that your dog caught some infection or not. I really do hope that you cleaned his paw with warm water? Home care usually includes gently rinsing an antibacterial ointment. Vetericyn is good and it can take a good care of the wound. After you clean it, lightly wrap with wet wrap or an ice bandage. Bandage should be clean and dry so change it often.

Hey.

Nice advice there Dog Whisperer.

But in my opinion, I would not treat it at home. You can never tell how dangerous this is. My friend Josh had this situation and he was using bandages and ice to treat bleeding paw.

But it seems that he didn’t clean the wound completely.

It was so infected and dog’s paw was really bad.

When he went to the vet he was shocked with this situation.

His dog literally could not walk for three weeks. It was really, really bad for both of them.

If you don’t know how to treat it, visit the vet.

The wound must be cleaned!

Hey.

If you know what you are doing and if you know how to treat it alone, without anyone helping you it is safe.

First step is to double check the wound and then clean it. It is holiday time, it is a New Year. Maybe your dog was playing in the middle of the night when he woke up and maybe he trample on needle of the Christmas tree.

So check the wound, use something to clean this wound and his paw and put some ice on it. Put bandage.

I believe that he won’t walk so often so that is not a problem.

If his paw is not getting better in a few days than visit the vet.

There is no need to panic

Hey good friends. Happy New Year :) Nice advice out there but I have to agree that you need to visit the vet. Yes, there is a good possibility that this is caused by those small needles but still you have to know that this really can cause big infection and huge problem to your dog. First you need to treat it by bandage and clean the wound. If you don’t see that something has changed in two days – maximum, you really should visit the vet. Maybe you think that this is nothing huge but it can be. Good luck with it.