Hi, I need some advice considering sunburn. I am trying to become professional bicyclist. I must practice every day no matter what weather conditions are. Last week I was exposed to direct sun effect. I was using some sun protection cream but it didn't help. I have severe sunburns on my hands and legs. It is red, itchy and it starts to swell. How to relive these sunburns?

It can be very serious. If the blisters start to appear or if you start to feel nausea, headaches or dizziness you must go to the doctor immediately. You must cool the skin with tepid water and apply the moisturizing cream. You could use anti-inflammatory pain relief like ibuprofen or pain relieving gel. Itching can be prevented with the calamine lotion. Also it is very important to drink a lot of water to prevent dehydration.

Hey,
I'm in a band and we play a lot of outside festivals in the summer and since I have very fair skin myself, I have to make sure I use a high SPF sunscreen. When that doesn't work, or I find myself in a field of tents without any sun block, I also get serious sunburns. What I use to soothe the burn is a product my aunt recommended to me. It's called Neolia moisturizer. It's made with Olive oil and Aloe Vera and is also enriched with vitamin E. It definitely takes the sting away and will help you sleep at night. Also on occasion I use pure emu oil, which you must make sure is pure, just because a lot of the time the products that aren't pure can be very harsh on your skin.

Something else you could try, would be to take Vitamin E capsules, cut them open, and rub the oil onto your burn. My grandmother used to do that for me when i was a little guy when I would come home with awful burns from the beach. It won't take any of the pain away or any of the itch (itch can be taken away with camomile lotion) but it will certainly help it heal quickly.

best of luck.