Does anyone else have this problem? I have to drive to work everyday, but I keep having hypoglycaemia attacks while on the road and I have to stop to get some sugar. I get so dizzy, I have to pull over. I've been late twice already this week. Can anyone help me? Should I just keep candy in my car? Problem with that is, what would I do in summer (it would melt)? Should I just leave for work earlier? My sugar's fine when I leave, but once I get about halfway where I'm going it drops bad.

Hello! I had the same problem for so long! Keeping candy in your car's not a bad idea, but like you said, it's not practical for summer. I don't think leaving earlier would help you much, but you never know. Does the drop happen at the same time each day? How is it once you're at work? Maybe you could get a later shift. When I had this problem, I had my husband drive me to work. If you don't have an available ride, maybe you should ask your doctor about your sugar drops. He or she should be able to up or lower your insulin intake. Good luck!

The drop does seem to happen at about the same time, and I think I'll try leaving earlier to see what happens. Once I get to work, I'm fine. If leaving earlier doesn't help, I'll ask for a later shift. I don't have an alternative ride, so I'll set up a doctor's appointment. Thank-you so much!

You apparently have a long commute time for your blood sugar level to drop before you get to work. How often are you having these episodes? Are you taking insulin in the morning? You should talk to the doctor about your hypos in the morning and see if you just need to add a carbohydrate in the morning or eliminate any insulin you may be taking.