Hello everyone, I have heard that a raw vegan diet can reverse diabetes. I'm wondering if this is true. I have two friends who are raw vegan and they constantly tell me I should become one particularly because I have diabetes. Do you think I should take their advice? Has anyone switched over to a raw vegan diet and had success with normalizing their blood sugar levels. If so, I would love to here from you. If you've had success, then I think I might try it. I was also wondering if a raw vegan diet is expensive. I think a lot of people go organic and it seems like organic foods cost more. Is this true or not. Maybe it depends on where you buy it. Any helpers out there? Thanks.

Health Guru
hi, just stop stressing over it because your just going through what every other teenager is.

Hi, I do believe it can. I have a number of friends who are raw vegans and all of them were way over weight and then diagnosed with pre diabetes. They all went vegan at the suggestion of their diabetes managers Three of my friends had eating disorders the other didn't. Nevertheless, they all lost weight within the first year. They are all normal weight now and their blood sugar levels have stabilized. Overly, I would say they are proof that at least some people with pre diabetes can go back to normal with a raw vegan diet. I don't know that it will work for everyone but it looks promising. I don't know how well this would work on someone who is beyond the pre diabetic stage. I don't know anyone that has had diabetes for a long time and switched to a raw vegan diet so I can't say anything about that. Although it might be worth a try. You really should talk with your doctor first if you are going to change your diet because that is quite a drastic change. You'll also need to know what foods in the vegan line would be specifically good for you. Best of luck to you.