I am a 63 year old woman who recently had a DNC (04/09/13) I got the results on 05/02/13 and the tissue they removed was cancer now my ovaries and uterus will have to be removed. Could someone shed some light on if there will be weight gain. I had been bleeding since December of 2012.

Hi, I've had my hysterectomy (at 37) with no weight gain or problems since.  I do have my ovaries so no HRT for me.  You may or may not have to be on HRT because of the cancer and if you have gone through menopause.  Also, depends on what they find with all your lady parts.  Just to let you know, you'll probably have a complete hysterectomy with the removal of tubes as well.  I had something wrong with everything they took out.

Good luck and hope this helps

Thank you hopefully I will not have to take any HRT since they are taking my ovaries and uterus.

No problem, Margaret. Best of luck and happy healing! Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Hystersisters forum is a great website and forum for hysterectomies.