I recently lost my virginity and afterwards my penis hurt. It was because the head of my penis had never really been exposed, ie the foreskin had never been pulled back over the head and as such it was really sensitive. I didn't pull the foreskin back over the head when we had finished and i left it for about 8 hours. It didn't go back naturally because the head stopped it from moving upwards. during the 8 hours my penis was very very very sensitive and i could barely move, i kept it like this so maybe the sensitivity would wear off... but it didn't. I looked at it after a while and the head had gotten quite red and it looked like skin around the head was turning purple, i naturally thought that not enough blood was getting to it because of the foreskins tight grip around the shaft but i am not sure... should i leave it off until the sensitivity wears off or is there another method???

I really don't think that you need to use that method to lose sensitivity. It will come off by it self after some time. You had your first sexual experience and it is normal for one to feel some pain.
I think that your head was turning red because you exposed it for 8 hours. An it got irritated.
I hope that you have used condoms during sex. It is very important for you and your partner that you use condoms.

Hi Sinoluki:

Paraphimosis is the name of the condition of a retracted foreskin that is stuck behind the glans penis (head) of the penis and will not go forward. One can read about paraphimosis on the Internet.

If the foreskin is tight enough it can cut off blood circulation to the head and cause edema (swelling due to fluid accumulation). Paraphimosis should be promptly reduced when it occurs. Paraphimosis may be reduced by squeezing the head of the penis really hard to force the blood to leave the head. This will reduce the size of the head temporarily at which time the foreskin may be brought forward.