Hello all, I am new to this, so bare with me.
I am a healthy 20 year old female with a 29 regular monthly cycle. I had just ended my period 25th of July and had unprotected intercourse on the 28th and my boyfriend came a lot in me ONCE. We had unprotected sex repeatedly afterwards but have been using the withdrawal method. He has done it before, about 2 other times and I had never gotten pregnant, so I wasn't too worried as it seems I can never get pregnant (and there were many times where I should have, but I think I might have had chemical miscarriages?). However, this time I feel a little off. I commonly experience slight brest tenderness before my period, but never like this! I am experiencing for the first time painful soreness on both my breasts--painful to the touch. It has been going on for 6 days now since Aug. 2nd. I read up that breat tenderness starts on the fourth week pregnancy so it could be too soon. However, this would be my first pregnancy so I was assuming that changes would appear right away? I have also experienced crampings on two occasions. My period is not due until the 15th of Aug. Could I be pregnant??

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see a DR. right away

I am in the same boat as you are. Infact when reading your entry I thought I could have written it. Have you found anything out yet? I am wondering so that I can choose what steps to take. Good luck!

Well, I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I ended up having my period the day after that (four days sooner than expected). It lasted for about 4 days. However, my breasts are still tender and sore. Not as much as before, but the sides hurt when pressed slightly. I haven't taken a pregnancy since but I doubt that I am pregnant, it must be something else. Maybe my breasts are growing?

well see my periods last from 5-7 days cause i'm irregular, and i've been pregnant 3 times already and all have been miscarriages my second pregnancy my period lasted 3 days then i found out i was 2 months pregnant, and on my 3rd pregnancy my period lasted 15 days then about 2 weeks later i found out i was 3 weeks pregnant. so i think you should go check yourself no matter what cause i never thought i was pregnant cause of my period and i ended up being so just to make sure and be safe that would prolly be the safest and less stressing way to go good luck!

were you on the pill or anything?

I have the same problem right now (the extremely sensitive & painful breasts). I got my period 2 weeks ago and have been experiencing breast sensitivity for almost 7 days now. The last time my breast were this sensitive I was pregnant but no pregnancy test detected it but a blood test because it was an ectopic pregnancy. I underwent surgery and am now extra cautious about these symptoms. I am still wondering though, if there is still a posibility of me being pregnant?

hey. i was just reading what you'll had posted and i was wondering if maybe you'll could give me some advice also. see me and my boyfriend always have unprotected sex and we use the "pull out" method also but he slipped one time and after that i was like forget it. so after that it was whatever. that happened in february and afterwards. well my cycle always been regular up until the ending of march (that's when it comes on, the ending of every month). I only bled for 1 day and after that, it kept comin on and going off (it normally lasts for 7 days) and then the last few days, i was barley bleeding. it was as if i was spottin. my breast have been tender for past few weeks and they never been tender, not even if my cycle is about to start. my cycle came on without notice. i had no clue it had started. i took a blood test and a hpt but they came up negative and the doctor was like that maybe it's too early for him to make a determination and too early for it to show up in my blood. basically, i want to know what do you'll think? do you think i could be expecting?????/

well i had my lasted period on march 19,2007 and i havent seen it since well i missed my period for at least a whole week are so i started bleeding one morning but it was just a little bleeding not much more like a break through but anyways i figure i was pregnant i want a baby and i was trying to have one but im at the stage wondering could i be pregnant i took hpt more than twice and i got negitive so i dont know what's going on with me maybe somebody that's having the same problem could help me.

ive been experiencing unusual swelling, tenderness, pain and humps in both of my breasts.... ive neer felt this before not even when my period is suppose to come..... never..... it started like 6 days ago, i was taking a shower and washing my breasts and i felt like a hump on my right breasts so i felt my left one and it had one too.... i noticed that it kinda hurt when i felt them. so i went to the doctor and did a urine test but it said negative. the doc scheduled me for a mammagram........ im only 23! but he also took blood and that too came back negative. now im noticing my nipples are super sensitive, i cant even hold my niece without my chest hurting, and my breasts are kinda hard on the tops......... i have no idea what is wrong with me......... i think i could be pregnant... i have reason to think so but my tests are saying no.... i have cramping feelings in my stomach and my period isnt due yet.......... someone help me what could this be? can a blood test be wrong?

You know, this is starting to sound like an epidemic!!! I had the same thing last month. I had tenderness in both breasts, was extremely tired, and was constantly hungry with a nauseous edge to it. I took several home pregnancy tests which all came up negative. I ended up getting my period 4 days late, and the symptoms all went away within an hour of my period arriving, except for the tender breasts. They went away a few days later. My energy level increased noticeably with the onset of my period.

I don't usually get much, if any, pre-menstrual breast tenderness.

This month, I'm getting similar symptoms, but not exactly the same. This time I was sore in only one breast for several days (really sore, and with what feels like a hardened gland)--although the other breast is slowly starting to get a little sore, and I'm getting only mild nausea, occasionally. I'm also not as tired, but then I've been increasing my vitamins (sub-lingual B-12 with Folic Acid--which is necessary for successful implantation, and a general Women's Multivitamin, plus healthier food).

I have also experienced a mild, occasional, cramping for what it's worth. Not sure what it means, but I've heard that abdominal sensations aren't supposed to happen until about 6 weeks. I don't know that for sure, though. Maybe they are psychosomatic symptoms? I really don't know. I know that I want to be pregnant, but it seems unlikely that my mind could make up such strong symptoms.

Unless my cycle has changed from the near miss last month (????does that happen, or should it go back to the old schedule???) I'm due or even overdue already. However, I have no intention of testing until my period is at least two weeks late, because of what happened last month.

My mother (an RN and mother of eight) swears the hpts are not accurate until at least six weeks, despite the advertising (which simply encourages women to keep buying more tests).

Now, as for home pregnancy tests and their accuracy, here's an anecdotal story...my sister-in-law is pregnant for the first time after 13 years of marriage. She has always been irregular, and had been testing herself with home pregnancy tests for at least the last 4 months.

She went to a doctor to see if there was a way to make herself more fertile, and the doctor tested her before continuing. She was already three months pregnant. She was shocked, and showed him her saved negatives. All he had to say was that her one positive there at the office overrode all the negatives. She had no breast changes and no morning sickness. The doctor did not seem at all surprised that the hpt wasn't accurately reading her pregnancy.

My breast have been sore as well, but the doctor says that has something to do with me going off the pill. My period is due in a few days and the doctor said I will notice the symptoms more now that I am off the pill after being on it for 10 years. After reading several post I would like to add the pull out method DOES NOT WORK!! The male is still seeping semen even before he fully ejaculates and that is more than enough semen to get you pregnant.

Hey Everyone, Imsort of in the same boat as you. Me and my boyfriend have been going out for about 3 and a half months now and since aboutthe 25th of 6th 08 we have been having unprotected sex,we were both tested for std's first so i know im safe. For a few weeks now my breasts have been unusually tender and im feeling under the weather. Around 2 days ago now i suffered some period like cramping, and today a light pinkish discharge arrived, i thought its just a light period but it started getting heavier and the cramps became unbearable i had to be sent home ill. So what i was wondering is it possible to get your periods and be pregnant? I have recently put on a little weight around my stomach area does this have anything to do with it ?
Please answer :)

I totally agree with checking it out for self because i am in the same boat, i was on the depo and have been off for 3 months now, my periods are kind of regular but i have had unpertected sex 2 times and i am having some breast tenderness i never experience this when i am getting my period only when pregnant so i am leary but i took a pee test and it was negative..... maybe i have to wait till the 7th of nov. when my period is due.

Yes Hi... Ive read yours and the same goes for me, I swear it was me writing that blog... Im 20, happily married and my husband has done the same thing, but we've been together since we were 16 and Ive never gotten pregnant by it... But now theres been a change... My breats hurt more then usual and Im scared that it might of finally happened and caught up with us... My stomach is bloated, my nails n hair are growing faster then usual, Im trying to deny it all because Im scared but Im taking an EPT today because its not the usual pain you get when its around your period, because Im due but no period, Ive gained 10lbs but I figured that was due to not being so stressed out anymore, my nipples are like as sore as if to pierce a needle through em... Help me... Idk how but pls give me advice since Im desperate... Im scared and Im worried, lost, confused, distraught... Well you get the picture...