Hi there, I get this pain, in between my shoulder blades which seems to go through to the middle of my throat. It doesn't affect me when I swallow, no problems with breathing through either mouth or nose and I can't feel a lump on my back, it is definately internal. This problem has been going for years, luckily enough it happens once every blue moon, but I can't figure out what is triggering it or if it is stress related. But when it does occur, it can be quite faint but then it can get quite intense, like a sharp pain. Sleep helps alot but deep breathing and changing sitting positins doesn't seem to do the trick. I would love to get your opinions of what this problem is. Thanks very much

It could quite possibly be something going on with your gallbladder.  Have you noticed if the pain you get happens after eating a high-fat meal?  If it does, it very well can be your gallbladder.  You will need to have an ultrasound of your gallbladder to determine if this is your problem.  I had my gallbladder out many years ago; it started with having pains in between my shoulders.  I always thought it was a problem with my back itself and thought it was going to be something that would never be resolved.  Luckily, it took a new doctor to figure out my problem.  I would say that you should talk to your own doctor about your back pain being gallbladder related. 

My pain between the shoulder blades is said to be caused by Facet Joint Syndrome, caused from the disease process of the bad discs in my neck for over 20 years.