I had a tonsillectomy around 3 or 4 years ago because my tonsils were swollwan for months and months and the doctors told me that i can not get any throat infections again. and i have not but i think i might have mono. is that possible? please help me!

yes it is possible because i had a tonsilectomy 2 months ago and was just diagnosed with mono

Yes - mono is caused by the Epstein-Barr Virus. Getting your tonsils removed has little to do with contracting mono. If you come into contact with someone who has mono (it is spread mainly through saliva), you can contract it.

Hi there,
Mono is also called kissing disease. I don’t really see the connection with your tonsillectomy and mono. Mono can affect more parts of your body, not just tonsils. The fact that you got your tonsils out means that you won’t have any infections on your tonsils but you can definitely have mono. The thing with mono is that it can be contracted by even being in the same room with person who has it. It is also easy to get it if you have a intimate relationship whit someone who has mono. Have you notices any symptoms of mono? The treatment is driven to relive of the symptoms of mono where you need a lot of rest.
All the best,
Danella

Actually you cannot contract mono just by being in the same room with the person who has it. It is called the kissing disease for a reason. Yes, you can get mono if you have shared bodily fluid with the person who is infected ; i.e. kissing, sharing utensils, and so on. However, you can not get it just by breathing the same air as an infected person.

True... But when I caught it I hadn't kissed anyone in three years! Never shared drinks or utensils. My ENT specialist told me that mono is now just as contractable as a cold.. You can catch it at Walmart from a cart.

My doctor says it is possible to be a carrier and have s flare up later in life so that is a possible cause.