Hello, folks. I intend on going to the gym and work out a little bit. My friend tells me that working out is not just weight lifting. He suggests me to have cardiovascular fitness as well. I would like to know if cardiovascular fitness is important and if I should practice it. What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Hello. Cardiovascular fitness is very important. Some people say it is more important than pure weight lifting. You should look at your heart like to any muscle in your body. If you want to function properly, then you should also exercise it. In that way, with less beats, it can pump more amount of blood. In that way you can prevent many heart diseases that are characteristic for a modern man or a woman. Experts suggest doing 30 to 60 minutes of aerobic exercises three or even four times a week. Aerobic exercises uses large number of muscles. In that way, the body needs more oxygen and your hear will work faster. I hope you will realize the importance of this. Talk to your gym instructor and you will see that I am right. Enjoy!