Hi everyone,

I need your help because I'm kind of scared. I've been in a lot of stress lately because my little son is sick and I should stay with him at home but I have obligations at work so I can't. Well, besides that, I have bunch of other worries and stuff on my mind and I figured out that all that stress caused my heart palpitations. I know something about heart palpitations but this time it was kind of different, I felt some sort of chest pain like electric shock and I had nausea for a short period of time. Has anyone experienced anything similar or does anyone know why is this happening?

Hey Health n Joy,

Well, regardless of the chest pain and nausea that you just mentioned, heart palpitations are usually harmless but in rare cases, heart palpitations can be a symptom of a more serious heart condition, such as an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia), that may require treatment.

Now, I believe that you indeed already have an irregular heartbeat, or arrhythmia, because the things that you mentioned are actually symptoms of arrhythmia. I think it would be wise for you to talk to your doctor about this matter so he can do some tests and see if you really have arrhythmia. If yes, it will need to be treated.

Hi you two,

It is true, Health n Joy, your symptoms are the same symptoms that usually people with heart arrhythmia have. Whenever you feel or you think that you are feeling anything strange which could mean that there is something wrong with your heart, you need to go and see your doctor as soon as possible. It's a must do thing.

Now on the other hand, you said that you are under a lot of stress these days. All the things that you mentioned can also be a consequence of stress . But anyway, visit your doctor and go do some tests.

Hi everyone,

Now that I have read your post, I'm glad to say that I'm almost sure that you have nothing to worry about, Health n Joy. I know a lot about heart issues because my father was diagnosed with arrhythmia a few years back and that made me research and study a lot about heart problems.

There are a few chest discomforts which are known not to be dangerous neither connected to any severe heart problems. One of these types of discomfort is exactly the pain that you said you felt, like electric shock or as some other people say, like a lightning bolt.

Hey there.

First I want to ask you ( I know that you are an active member, but I can’t remember exactly what is going on with you generally), do you have any heart problems such as arrhythmia, tachycardia or some irregular heart beats?

Because if you do, there is one more thing why you need to control this.

Symptoms like chest pain especially when it comes with electric shock and nausea. Like someone in here already told you, maybe it is nothing, maybe it is just caused by the stress. But you should definitely check it. Good luck with it. 

Hey. I had chest pain that was exactly like you describe. I will tell you exactly what it was and how I felt. I had this weird shocks that made me feel nauseated and I was really scared. So I went to see my doctor and he told me that I had silent heart attack. In any case, chest pain followed with all those symptoms cannot be good. Maybe it is nothing but as you can see in my case it was a big deal. I am glad that I went to see the doctor because, who knows, maybe I wouldn’t be alive at this moment. So whenever you have some symptoms, visit your doctor and talk with him. Just in case.

Hello everyone.

Palpitations are rapid or fluttering feelings that people experience in their chest. So I believe that it is normally that you feel something in your chest, but chest pain that is similar to some electric shock and nausea as well – it is not a good sign.

I know that my friend was dealing with chest pain from palpitations because he is fitness addict and he was exercising all the time.

But that stage that you describe requires a medical attention. So, that is the only advice that I can give you at this moment. Visit your doctor and tell him how you feel.

Maybe it is just caused by the stress, but you cannot be sure.