hi,

i have a large lump the size of a 5 pence coin, i havent been to the doctor as i am 14 and I'm too embarrassed to tell my parents, i noticed it 2 weeks ago and i get a small ache in my abdomen area, the lump is hard and seems to have veins linking to it. i shined a light through it to see if it was a cyst and it was see through...
please give me advice, i've checked on the internet to see if it was testicular cancer but my lump looks to big for it. is it? 

Hi Hunnta,

You're just a bit young to assume testicular cancer but it is possible.

Are you sure it is not your epididymis?  Epididymitis, an inflammation, is common.  It's usually due to an infection and would explain the ache.

If it doesn't get better soon you'll need to tell your parents.  Don't be embarrassed.  Just tell them it's a "man problem" or something.  Hopefully they won't press for details. 

Remember, not everything is cancer.

Hope it helps.

hi medic-dan yeah, the epididymitis seems more like what i have. the ache comes and goes and mainly isnt there.

i think it may be an infection due to the ache as people say testicular cancer is more of a sharp pain.

thanks for the help, its cleared my mined and if it doesnt go soon i will tell my parents,

thanks alot dan you've helped alot!

Glad to help.

FYI, in many cases of testicular cancer there is NO pain.

oh, thats even better!

thanks

how long should i wait before telling me mum and dad?

since i put this post on it has got smaller and the pain is much less frequent, are these signs of it getting better?

no dont be stupid and wait for god sake get to the doctors asap... it no good listen to what people say on here ive got the same problem and it was the size of a pea now after two weeks its the size of a walnut but ive been to the hospital so its getting sorted out