I have went from 180 to 280 and it is driving me nuts! I dont have alot of money for all of the crazy diet stuff! What are some good exercises I could do? And will cutting back my food intake help? I am also taking One a Day multi Vitamin/Minerals. Will that help?

Hello! What do you mean by 180 to 280, are we talking weight, my apologies at being naive.

I must be honest, I really don't have a problem with weight, not because I eat healthily all the time, but because, I am one of those enviable, 'lucky' people who stay slim, even when I eat junk, this is not to say that I don't have too much fat in my diet though! as I'm sure some of what I eat can not be 'that' good!

I do have a little tip, which did help me, when I was putting on weight before I began working between study. I started cooking more! Instead of eating alot of burgers and that type of take away, which I did eat alot of at one point. By starting to cook more and having more excersise being in an active job, I did lose some weight.

I think it is important to be healthier in what we eat, no matter what weight we are. There is an issue for me with cooking alot from scratch, ie; potatoes, carrots, pasta (just for example) I can sometimes change to snacking when I'm feeling lazy, or tired. I have been doing this recently, which means I could be missing out on some vitamins. To have a good intention to cook though, and to stick to it when possible, could be positive though, I guess that would be dependant on what is being cooked! (my cooking is usually pretty basic :-)

I read you are taking some vitamins, I am by no means, anywhere near being able to advise on healthy eating! but thinking back to the education at school, and when younger, I often think of what it is we require, hence the proteins, carbs, fat, veg, fruit, vitamins, minerals, water, and how this can be achieved in your diet. I don't know if it is better to take Vit/minerals in tablet form or find it through other foods/drinks, could be worth popping the question with your Doctor or Nurse, if you visit the Doctors at any point.

All the best to you! and if I have misunderstood your post, my apologies.

...and btw, I think I mis-phrased the 'lucky' to be slim thing, as it is FAR MORE important to be healthy than be as thin as possible.

I missed the bit on excercise.

I did do alot of walking (prior to buying a car! though actually I do still do a fair bit), I'm going to be dressing up warm, if I do any walking this week :-)

You should have normal 3 times a day.. And you should stay away from fast food.. A home cooked meal s so much better for you... I lost weight by walking every night right before the sun goes down.. when it gets colder it relaxes your body more and feels better.. Also get an ipod or some music to listen to.. Being relaxed and clear headed helps... and most importantly try ur best to avoid stress.. If you dont have alot of stress your body will help you out on loosing weight... You should take every negative into a positive.. this won't be easy but it works...I did this to loose wait a few years ago because I gained it bad... But now I wear a size 4-6 in juniors... I am only 19 by the way... But my mom did this and she dropped 50 pounds within a few months... And every time you see you are loosing weight you will be more confident about it... Start walking a sunday and every saturday keep a mark of your weight lossed or gained etc each week... This should work.. You should really give it a try... and my mom is 41 so age is not an excuse!!