I'm 14 and I'm gay and I'm the only person out at all THREE middle schools in my town... I like a bunch of strait guys but they wld never consider liking me cause they're strait!!! I'm getting desperate and I'm really lonely!!! :-(
I dated a highschooler earlier in the year but he dumped me after a week cause of the age diff and I just want to meet someone my age but I don't know how! Even just to talk to them and be friends! uuuuugh!!!!

The guys that are comfortable with who they are will like you as a friend.

A lot depends on what you do. If you want a friend to hang out with then you need to find common interests. Are you in any clubs or organizations. Do you play any sports? Get out and meet people.

Dating and friendship are different. Don't confuse the two.

Hope it helps.

I do alot of clubs and stuff and have lots of friends but I'm the only gay kid in the middle schools! Everyone in my town thinks beign gay is so bad so me and my friend (whos a girl and strait) think that anyone else might be afraid to come out! Because its 1 in 10 but it doesn't seem that way... I'd like to date someone for sure but at this point I just don't feel confident in that happening. Just meeting someone in the same situation would make it better but ya I of course would like a boyfriend............. Its just that I've lost hope :-(

You say you have friends, good. That's what you said you wanted in your first post, "even just to talk to them and be friends!"
That's a lot different than dating, or meeting someone in the same situation.

Do you want friends or a boyfriend?

If this sounds next part sounds judgemental, I don't intend it to. I'm just trying to understand you and where you're coming from.
How do act around others, especially males your age? Is it the same as how you act with your female friend or is there something else there?

I'd like a boyfriend but if there was a gay guy I'd be okay with just being his friend. I have friends just no gay ones that I can talk to about things they'd understand. I have mostly friends that are girls but guy friends too. This is because most guys my age think gay people are phsycos that'll rape you any second (even tho I'd never do that nor act like that). I do have friends that are guys and girls too... but I'd like a boyfriend or just someone gay to talk to. I used to go to a shrink/therapist but it that was different... I have adhd and get down sometimes and so thats y I did that, but I want someone who would understand me and my "gay problems" and stuff I guess. But yes a bf would be nice but it seems Im the only one :-( And even if I'm super nice to a strait guy hes not gonna turn gay all of a sudden! (sheesh) So im not sure what to do...

I know that. You know that. At 14 your friends probably aren't sure. Not everyone is sure of what their identity until later in life. Some of these "straight" guys may not be.

A true friend, you can tell anything, absolutely anything.

The problems you have with guys are not really any different than what they have with girls. Don't assign labels. Drop the "gay" and "straight", you're a person first. Let someone get to know you and to trust you.

I'm sure there are other gay males in your schools, or guys that aren't sure yet. The problem is they may not be ready to come out. It's great that you're out but, and I'm not saying you do this, don't throw it out there. Don't make them uncomfortable.

I know I don't walk around like "IM GAY AND YOU'RE STRAIGHT!!!" I was just trying to explain things. And I do have friends that I trust very much and do talk to but its different if its someone whos been in that same place before and stuff... And ya, there are probably others like you said, but if its just me right now, then what? Just wait and, do nothing? %-) And the problem is I don't even talk to some guys and they are creeped out JUST cause I'm gay even though I never did anything. I'm just lonely thats all! :[

That would mean to me that someone who is a little older that you can talk to. Or do you want a peer member, that is going through the same stuff as you now?

It's hard being different and it's hard being a teen. You do have your friend for support.

The guys that are creeped out don't know you. That is their loss.

Well I dated someone older than me but he wasn't very helpful and he dumped me anyways and I'd prefer someone my age ya... Because then I would have someone I could actually like seriously talk to about things that my other friends might not understand because they're not homosexual... :l

well why don't you talk to that guy that you dated and see if he would just be a friend. He's gay and maybe will be a good person to talk to. You don't have to be dating to talk with him about things.

And also having a girl that is your best friend helps a-lot to. There's lot's you two can talk about, like for instance guy problems. I have a-lot of gay (sorry if that offends you) guy friends and girl friends. We have fun talking to our straight friends all the time.

But if you want a boyfriend then maybe you just need to wait for now, until other's come forward with their feelings.

I used to talk to him but since he dumped me we don't talk anymore (its complicated...). I do have lots of friends that are girls (ok ok most of my friends are girls) and I talk to them alot. One I talk with about very "deep" subjects, its just I'm kinda alone if you know what I mean... Of course I'd love to have a bf (TRUST ME) but I was just wondering if maybe there was something I could do...
Thanks for replying :-)

I understand that part. It's always complicated after a break up. That's good that you have friends you can talk to. I'm not sure what you can do, my friends and self are very out. (I mean everyone knows were gay or bi) (I'm bi). So i don't know really. I don't think that you can do anything to tell the truth.

Good Luck. An I'm sorry. :-(

Ok thanks anyways

I understand u. I wanna discuss some things with u. How can I contact u personally?