Hello, folks. My mother has been diagnosed with vasculitis. I think she was disciplined with her treatment, but lately she has been experiencing some changes on her fingers. I think that doctor says those are ulcerations. I hope someone will be able to tell me something more about this. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. Vasculitis is the inflammation of the wall of blood vessels. The blood vessels that are affected are small and medium sized. The walls get thickened due to the inflammation. If this lasts for a longer period of time, it can compromise the nutrition of the tissues that are fed by those blood vessels. If this lack of nutrients and oxygen lasts, then ulcerations are possible. This disease should be controlled well if the treatment is proper and regular. Maybe your mother wasn’t disciplined. Consult her doctor for more details. Bye!

Hello to you too. I would agree with you. She lives alone and I doubt that she was disciplined with her treatment. We will have to change this. I will talk to her doctor and see what we can do. I am really grateful for your answer to my post. If I find out something new, I will let you know.