Hello. I'm middle aged woman and I'm very worried about my husband present health state.
Just the other day he felt some strange but very serious abdominal cramping and constipation that lasted for days.
When he started to suffer from nausea and vomiting- he contacted his gastrologist. Doctor found out that the process is located in his ileum and that it could be some condition called ileus.
I really don’t know a lot about it accept the fact that it could be serious and that doctor kept him in hospital!

Hello. I understand that you are probably worried for your husband but fortunately- he got medical attention pretty soon and now you shouldn’t worry at all. Ileum represents a final section of small intestine and your husband had all the symptoms of intestine blockage. If his doctor is right- he could easily developed this condition called ileus.
Ileus is a partial or complete blockage of the small intestine and there are several possible complications.
This requires urgent medical attention. Obstruction could mechanical or non-mechanical, reduction of blood supply and many others…Like I said- prognosis is good if diagnosed early!