Hi, I'm a 21 year old female and for about the last couple of months I've been feeling extremely light headed all the time, my vision blacks out whilst I'm still conscious and I have to grab onto a wall or something to stay up right, and I have passed out (a.k.a loosing consciousness) 4 times. My diet is normal and I've seen doctor after doctor who don't know whats wrong, my numerous blood tests have all come back normal and my ECG results have all come back normal too. Its really starting to annoy me now as I don't know what to do because the doctors are essentially just brushing me aside now, and its starting to affect my social and work life- which clearly isn't ideal.
Recently I have finished university and moved again, one doctor suggested it could have been stress related but this issue has continued after I have settled down so I don't think this is the issue.
Does anyone have any idea what this issue could be?  

Wow- I have also suffered the same and been to countless doctors and the result are the same as yours. I do find since taking everything very slowly avoiding stressful situations the blackouts are less frequent. Stress might be a factor but it is worth getting a second professional opinion as many a doctor has got it wrong! I heard one GP state it was petite mal another associating it with lack of iron- they don't always know and they don't have the time to investigate your problem (some doctors) don't really care.

I have also read that blackouts are  heart related problem, I can't remember the exact medical name for the condition.

Do you freeze on the spot? -what I mean I normally just freeze up on the spot- like out of body experience where I can see myself and another type of blackout is  where I can't hear or see anything for a second or two and if I am standing I will fall over. Do you get buzzing in your ears or head before or after a blackout?

Yeah, I do get the out of body type experience- almost as if everything around me slows down too much. I don't tend to pass out but I do sway on the spot (rather violently)

did the doctors find anything wrong with you?

B wrote:

ANNISD wrote:

The NHS consultants state they cannot find anything abnormal with my brain but I have being looking at earth science for the answer and I conclude that the buzzing in the head and swaying are connected to earthquakes and when there's 8 to 9 (surface)quake, I literally feel sickly and my head feels like it will crack open. I have also noticed animals and marine life behave anxiously, normally there are more shark attacks on humans just before a earthquake is due.

Now for the blackouts, I am highly allergic to nearly everything and wonder if changing my diet has helped with limiting the blackouts, I have limited/stopped my intake of wheat, gluten,oats, rye,corn, precooked meals and sugary items. I don't eat/drink anything with meat,fish,eggs,selfish, dairy,chicken and I don't take any painkillers,statins etc. except limited allergy medicine...and limit direct sunlight exposure as this will cause a black out as will flickering light bulbs. I stopped drinking tea (lose and teabags)I don't buy coke/fizzy or packet fruit juices as these will give me optic migrains a zigzag of black and white pattern in the eye vision area to the level of blindness for a day or more.I found out about 'optic migrains' when I consulted a NHS eye specialist. Also I try not to wait too long before my next meal time as this can also cause dizziness/migrains as does a lack of drinking water- have you suffered a head injury? I did when I was about 5 -6 years old, I fell backwards and hit the lower back of my head.
I hope I made some sense and given you a few ideas, I am still learning so if you figure out the cure, drop me a note, I would like to know what you think personally? And another thing do you have laspes of memory? Lastly I suggest you learn to relax, eating fresh fruits/veggies helps one to relax!