I am 19 in a couple of months and only 5'6. i am already taller than both of my parents but would like to grow taller. i have looked into using human growth hormone but have found there are numerous side effects. is there any other way for me to grow taller. I am male.

You are at an age when your long bones will soon stop growing. You can stimulate your body to produce more human growth hormone with weight training. Allow a day or two in between workouts. Get plenty of sleep. HGH is secreted during the sleep cycle.

what kind of weight training in particular. Is there any foods that i should eat or not eat?

You should train for maximum muscle growth. That means lots of sets and lots of reps. I recommend a split routine where you train your arms and shoulders one day, your torso muscles the next day, and your legs the third day. Use a weight that you can perform 10 to 12 reps per set. Do 4 to 5 sets for the same muscle group. Say, you can only do 5 reps with a 50lb weight, it is too heavy for you. Go down to 45lb instead and see if you can do 10 to 12 reps. It is going to take a lot of trial and error at the very beginning. If you don't feel sore the next day, you are not working out hard enough. Youtube.com has many excellent videos on how to perform those exercises. When you work out like this, you are going to need more sleep than you normally would. If you normally need 8 hours of sleep a night, you now may need 9 or 10 in order for you to recuperate fully. Take an afternoon nap if you don't have to go to school or work. The bulk of your growth hormone is secreted during sleep. So, the more you sleep (within reasonable limits), the more HGH your body will produce. You are going to need to eat more than you normally would. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean cuts of meat, and lots of carb. Fatty fish such as salmon, sardine, mackerel are good for you. I normally would advise middle-aged people to stay away from carbs because carbs can increase their insulin resistance. This does not apply to you if you are healthy. Carb loading will give you the energy that you need for such intense workout. The lean meat that you eat will give you the protein that you need to build muscles and to produce HGH which is a form of protein. Also, take calcium and vitamin D supplements to help you build strong bones. The best calcium supplement is calcium citrate, which is more easily absorbed than calcium carbonate. With any luck, you can grow to be 5'8".

Great post, much appreciated. Suppose i did not grow to my desired height by twenty, could i then use hgh until i did. Can hgh be used at any age?