Hi. I am 25 years old. I married a guy with a 5 years old son. I have no kids and I don`t know how to deal with it. I like the kid, it`s just that I am not so sure I am ready for taking care of a kid. We can`t go out like other couples. First we have to take care of the kid, to put him to bed and things like that. How to deal with that?

Hi. My boyfriend has a 4 years old son and I love him. He is so funny. Kids are great. You should be happy. You are never lonely when there is a kid somewhere in the house. Kids are not problems. You just need more time. I guess you should spend more time with the kid, to get to know each other and become friends. You can`t be his Mom, but you can be his friend.

not only is this post several years old.

I disagree with the parents as "friends"

I've seen where it can work, however I've also seen it where the kid takes advantage of your openness.

step parents have it a little rough.
being a caring adult influence in a childs life should be emphasized just a little bit more than being their friend.

I have been complimented on the way I talk and relate to kids by several of my friends (their parents or aunt). the same general "human respect" that I feel is due to each person.