hi, im jeremy 19 yrs of age. well i first started noticing clicking noises/feelings inside my head about 4-5 months ago, after a couple of weeks i quit smoking weed because i thought it was that but they keep happening randomly a few times a day although some days it doesn't happen at all, and after doing some looking the only other symptom ive shown is not being able to string sentences together sometimes, im a smoker too i know its bad, been smoking roughly 4 yrs. also sometimes at night my heartbeat gets really wierd and almost kinda spasms while im trying to sleep. but yeah the clicking feelings in my head dont seem to be stopping (they aren't as frequent as other people describe them and some people say they blink or other movement to trigger them mine are just random although sometimes ive noticed when im bending over they seem to occur) so i need some advice please, should i get checked out? i haven't seen a doctor since about 4 yrs old too, kinda of scared of what ill find out...
thanks.

Well, so far your cognitive skills seem pretty intact, despite weed, and any other possible issues, as that was about the most coherent post I've read in a while.

Still, general rule is, if you're concerned, go check it out. It sounds like you're going through a bit of a lifestyle review in your head: at least thinking about how you're treating your brain and body is rational, if you want them to work for you rather than against you for the rest of your life. I've buggered my brain by smoking (pot and normal) and I can tell you that to be able to recall a time when ideas flowed and my brain glowed, and to be stuck with a mundane old man's normal brain, isn't really inspiring.

Deal with life, keep your resources - brain and body - in good shape, and yes, if concerned, check it out.

I have tinnitus (inner ear ringing) and clicking noises from jaw bone, inner ear etc... but that doesn't mean that your symptoms are 'safe'... only that they've got you concerned. Deal with reality, once you know, then you can deal with it.

thanks heaps for the advice man, yeah its made me quit pot and cut back smoking a little but i keep telling myself just see if it goes away, don't think its going to, think its time to get my head checked. tinnitus is a symptom some people mistake for a brain cancer symptom i saw, the 'clicking' i get is like actually in my brain im pretty sure, so yeah getting worried. oh yeah and now when i drink, i get like a 3 day hangover and feel like sh*t

well, you're at least sensible enough to realise that mistreating your body - not moralising, you know I've done the same - has an impact.

Go check it out for real, if in doubt, better safe than sorry.

I thought i had a brain tumour a while back had migraines for 2 months straight, I smoked weed for 5 years straight and in the end quit due to feeling ill from it this is before i had the migraines. I kept going to my doctor about these migraines and he couldn't offer me anything so i decided to have a brain scan and had to pay for it with the help of my family. I then had the scan and it had a black patch on the front of my brain which explains why i was having migraines for a while, I thought i had been poisoned so I got sectioned under the mental health act and am now on injection medication for it which isn't what i needed i reckon. its now been a year and a half later which consisted of me starting weed again and quiting for the second time for a month going strong. I still smoke tobacco regularly though which is another thing i need to give up. I am so glad it wasn't cancer though so its a blessing in that respect. I had clicking noises in my head for a while whilst smoking weed but i don't understand why. All the best anyway hope your feeling better. one love