I am/was a huge pot user. Roughly anywere from a 8th to a qtr a day of the best crippy in town. I have tried quiting many many times. Even made it 6months but 3 were in locked down rehab. The worst is the horrible stomach pains, it feels like i'm being shivved in the stomach. I have literally screamed out in the pain, this doesn't soound right to many. They tell me weed is mentally addictive only not physically. But right now I am out of my home town for 10days so i decided to not bring any and lets do the cold turkey quit, because I know no one here and no dealers so i couldn't get even if i wanted to. Its only day 3 Ive lost 9 lbs already and only running on 3-5hrs of sleep. I feel like im going crazy. I have done roxys for a long time and cut them cold turkey easy awhile ago, yet this weed withdrawal is like hell on earth. The sight of food disgusts me and the second it touches my tongue it makes me nasuea'd and extremely in pain. But im in pain constantly, only thing that helps is a hot bath but that only helps for 30mins. So Ive gotten ensure to counter the food and nutrition loss but please can't anyone help me? The sleepless nights and pools of sweat when i try to sleep are driving me insane. I feel like if i died and went to hell I'd wake up back in my bed living through this forever. Please Anything over the counter in combination with anything else helps? Please anything will help!

Are you sure your pot isn't being tainted with other drugs? Never heard of anyone having the type of withdrawls your having. Or maybe you have other underlying issues with your stomach and with you smoking the pot its taking those symptoms away.. get your stomached checked!

or could it simply be all in your head?

I have I have gon to drs. got bloodwork everything but a sonagram. My rehab facility and drs said the exact same thing that what i describing was impossible. But my famiy and fiancee will tell you that its true. Its the worst ever. I am at a lost for words, bc i thought that too and went to a completely different area of town to a new connection and same result. Either the pot in my entire state is corrupt or I have a serious issue that drs apparently can't find. Im at my wits end.

I myself have stomach problems... I would see a gastroenologist (stomach doctor) have a scope done on your stomach. I have had pain so bad I've doubled over.. food made me nausious and if I made myself eat I threw up. I had an ulcer for a while.. I now have a severe case of G.E.R.D. I take protonics to keep my stomach issues under control.. you obviously have something going on .. don't let this go. I have been scoped many times. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a colonoscopy done too. Sometimes you can have problems in your bowels that can cause nausia and stomach discomfort. Either way don't give up make them do every test in the book! Like I said smoking pot can mask the problems going on with you. Left untreated could cause more problems and even more severe damage if left to go. Marijuana is used for pain. So smoking it most likely is masking the symptoms your talking about. Seeing the doctors you have seen can't figure it out no wonder you return to your old habits... I have known many people who have smoked for years for different reasons but sounds like you definitely has issues

hi jay,

ive been addicted to weed for at least 8 years now. i can smoke anywhere from 8 grams to 14 grams in a week.

i have the same problems when i stop smoking weed.

uneasy freakin stomach, cold sweats, you name it.

its hell, and im sick of people saying '' doh its all in your head''. they dont know what theyre talking about.

i havent smoked for about 1 week, but i kinda stopped gradually so this time the withdrawal is a lot easier to manage.

also, i swtiched to lower grade weed (m39) two weeks be4 stopping instead of the kushes. i have noticed that high-potency weed give me awful withdrawals.

advice? what i have learned with time and pain:

- a ounce of alcohol (or one beer), small glass of wine can ''open up'' your appetite. works for me everytime.

- also, RADISHES .  opens up your appetite so you want to eat more. radishes and a small quantity of alcohol is good 4 u anyways, so thats cool.

- in some people, sugar filled foods promote appetite.

-for sleep? try exhausting yourself by exercise longer than you are used to. (ex: take a 45 min -1hr walk, bike, lift weights, whjatever. your body will need to rest and the brain usually follows.)

- dont allow yourself to think in bed at bedtime and concentrate on your breathing, inhale, exhale, youll sleep in no time<3 .

- you can try herbal teas. check for bedtime herbal teas or chamomile , peppermint.

hope this helps jay. i wish you all the best!

regards, take care.

p.s: eating something with FRESH herbs (PARSLEY, OREGANO, BASIL, MINT...ETC) really settles your stomach.

most fresh herbs have antispamodic compounds that smooth the intestinal/stomach tract.

your stomach will feel fine after eating them !!!

so if u have the means, dont be afraid to make yourself some italian dish or to go out to an italian restaurant :D ;) .

Hello there m8, over the counter to get the edge off you can try st johns wort . You can buy it in health shops here in the uk , you could try getting pissed ( drunk ) for the next few days helps us when we're in a group and things are dry but it sounds like you may have another condition that the weed is suppressing that should get checked out .

Good luck geeze