I am a 12 year old and I am a very nice guy, well if you don't make me mad. I don't get mad easy and I keep all my anger inside. This one guy pissed me off real bad on the bus so we were going to fight at lunch. Here comes lunch and we start, he throws the first punch. I didn't feel a thing..? I throw the next punch in the face and he was on the ground crying while 1 tooth was knocked out and his jaw was bleeding. Yet I didn't stop I do not now why I didn't stop I just kept punching and punching and punching til it got really out of hand and the people chanting fight fight fight! got the teachers, well I didn't get to finish school. Luckily it was only 3 more days olo. But I messed him up. I still don't have all the anger out of me, I don't want to cut but I may have to. I am trying to get my mom to give me a punching bag but she won't budge I punch the coach all the time. I punch the wall, bad idea HOELS EVERYWHERE! should I get counciling or what?

Thank you,

JustAnotherGuy888

Hey JustAnotherGuy

It's good you can recognize you may have an issue with your temper and are looking into how to resolve this as the earlier you learn methods to control it the stronger you will become at achieving this.  Firstly it's a bad idea to keep anger pent up inside, it will just get worse and worse until you are unable to keep a lid on it anymore and you explode causing possible damage to yourself and others, this is not good for anyone and may not only hurt you physically but emotionally you may struggle to deal with things you have done in temper.

Your mum may not be keen to get you a punch bag for any number of reasons, she may feel it will encourage your punching, which I understand is how you are venting your anger at the moment, but it may not be the best solution.  Have you spoken to her about why you want one?  If this does not make her change her mind perhaps she can help you find other ways of dealing with your issues.  If you find it hard to talk to your mum perhaps a school counselor or is there a youth group in your area.  These types of people have more information at hand and can put you in touch with the correct people to help you.  It may be a good idea to get counseling, in the mean time finding some other way to vent your rage would be a good idea, and if you stop punching things about your home your mum may even change her mind about the bag.

Some people find very calming activities help them to reduce their overall levels of anger such as meditation of tai chi, an activity such as those that requires discipline concentration and breathing excersizes can be helpful.  For others they find sport an outlet going for a long run uses up a lot of energy.  There are also people who take up combat sports such as boxing, karate etc,  however if you are going to do this it would be a very good idea to get a handle on your anger as you could really hurt someone once given the training, so something like this may be best alongside counseling or discussing with the tutor why you want to take up this sport.

I hope this is helpful<3

Thank you, I just talked with my mom and she said she will get me into counciling.

NOOOOO, counciling is terible, go with a pillow :)