I am in my 12th day post surgery for a face/neck lift and upper eye surgery. The bruising is starting to fade and the swelling is diminishing. what concerns me is the stretched feeling around my neck and face. I look lifted to the point that the contour of my face is different. Is this normal? Will my face relax to take a more normal looking appearance? I know I need to be patient but I need reassurance. In case a lifting was too pulled, can it be corrected?

Hey my mother had face lift and she was as impatient as you are but the whole family managed to survive her post operative period.
She was experiencing bigger pain than expected but the painkillers took care of it. Then it was all about the bruising and swelling, she was a little bit depressed and she was thinking that she has made a wrong decision and we were all a little bit crazy because she was so sad. After that the stretched feeling came and she was all concerned about does her face looks like a porcelain doll.

Do you have the same concerns?

If you think it is going to help you can always call your surgeon and just to be rest assured ask him everything that makes you worried about the whole procedure and recovery period. After he answers everything you are probably going to feel much better and you will be able to think positive about yourself and your recovery. After all that was cosmetic surgery. 

@Carver, I think you are sadly representative of society on this issue, "its elective so get over it". No matter what the persons decision making process and what might drive them to make a decision, that is beside the point. I have had my share of non-elective surgery, the process post op is the same in many ways except with elective you do have an added pressure, afterall you did this to yourself right? well actually no, a board certified plastic surgeon, with plenty of experience did the surgery and made certain promises. They only tell you and show you about the good recoveries and not what can go wrong. I think the whole business needs a good revamping. I fully expect a good result but there are going to be moments of doubt. I now will have a whole lot more empathy and compassion for plastic surgery patients as we all should no matter what.

how are you feeling over a year later? I am only 7 days post op. My biggest concern currently is how long will my ears be numb and hot. The surgeon says it takes time, maybe months. It just doesn't feel normal by any means and that is disconcerting.

I am now 3 weeks post op and I have to say that on about days 4 through 8 you feel you made a huge mistake. You feel and look so bad. It does gradually and slowly get better...but very slowly. I had just mentally assumed that I would be the star patient and be back to normal in 2 weeks--wrong! Now I'm thinking it will be a month before I look pretty normal and it may be months before the numb ears, etc. resolve. One of my real concerns is that the lower eye lift sutures are not immediately below my lower lashes, but in the crease area below my eyes and I'm very stressed that I will forever have "tracks" below each eye. I'm massaging and applying K and E to hopefully correct asap!