hi doc, 3 months ago i a random attack, where i a[nicked and my heart started racing. i thought i was having a heart attack. i was rushed to a and e where the doc did an ECG and told me everything was fine. but im convinced my heart was racing. is it possible to have a heart attack at 21! or was it jus a symptom of anxiety and stress.

If you are under lot of stress and suffer from anxiety issues, you are likely to experience the symptoms like racing heart and alike. This is especially more likely to be than a heart attack at that age and no visible signs from an ECG test.

For example, I get the bouts of racing heart in many different situations like when I drink a lot of coffee, when I am working a lot and am worried about dead-lines and my exams, I also get racing feelings when I am extremely angry and anxious about certain things. When I shower with cold water, I developed racing heart and loss of breath.

As you can see, there are many situations that could be provoking symptoms similar to yours. If you have anxiety issues, you should find someone to talk to. If you keep it in yourself, the stress could even cause other physical symptoms.

i was also suffering from anxiety and stress from 4 years with rare panic attck ,i start feeling why only me having anxiety.i gone back in my life tried to find the reason . then ihave found i have anxiety since i am smoking, i quit somking it really change my life belive me i can think better feel better