I have been smoking weed everyday for the past one year, and i think it's affecting my period; am not too sure but i need to know is it the weed or something else?

Hi Lady... yes weed is affecting your period.. it has chemicals which can affect alot more then your period.. imagin if it can affect something so natural, what else it might be doing to your body long term affect.. this is only something that you are noticing... I would quick or drastically cut back...

Cheers,

jm

Yeah. Smoking weed does affect your period. BUT it is, in fact, A PLANT. Found in nature, grows from the ground, with water and love, ya dig? Keep smoking weed and anticipate unequal times between periods, because you know its more fun that way.

Ok, yes, it can affect your period, to a degree, but no more than, say, smoking cigarettes.
The fact is that you are probably quite young, and having fluctuating hormones is likely affecting your cycle more than anything. You were not specific in saying what was being affected.. I would get to a clinic and have a pap smear and a full physical. You don't have to go with a parent, and it is confidential. Be honest about any drug use or sexual activity, this way, your doctors can treat you properly.

kodeneal that's not true, unfortunately. Heavy marijuana use can very much influence your period because it can simulate the female hormone estrogen, so you have to bear that in mind. It can definitely affect your period too!

your the only person in this topic that has made any sense, everyone else is just making uneducated guesses and stating them as if they are facts. Typical. Mary Jane doesn't effect your period, it can't in any other sense other than relieving the pain of menstrual cramps. Your fine smoking weed every day. Your hormones will go out of wack from time to time, it happens.

Yes, weed CAN affect your period and screw it up. Better NOT do weed.

On a side note, does anyone know why are the labia minora considered to be skin and NOT mucous membrane?

amygamie wrote:

Guest wrote:

I can actually cite a number of studies that state that you can make your period irregular. I am not guessing at all. It mimics estrogen.

There's a lot of things that grow in nature too. Arsenic, strychnine, cyanide, cocaine, and tobacco are all from plants. Just because it's from nature doesn't make it instantly harmless. You do have to take care, okay? You also have to realize that it doesn't affect everyone's body the same way. Some people are prone to anxiety, and they should not smoke marijuana because it affects you pretty harshly.

I've been smoking weed every day for about 9 months and everything seemed pretty normal... the last 4 months I kept skipping my period though? Don't know what the deal is. However, my sister smoked weed daily for 6 years and she told me she stopped getting her period for the whole 6 years, stopped for 3 months and fell pregnant with my nephew (who is a perfectly healthy 4 year old boy now).

Marijuana is never the issue, unless of course you abuse it. But you can abuse alcohol, cigarettes, food... actually anything. And the side affects from all of the above would be much worse than smoking weed 24/7 so don't stress. 

Unfortunately it does effect your period. I've smoked pot for the last decade and virtually everyday multiple times a day for the last year and a half.

I stopped smoking cold turkey two months ago and my period that usually lasts 3 days increased to a full 7 days. The worst is the spotting which is now constant. I am seeing my OBGYN and do not look forward to the conversation.

You know about estrogen correct - well plants and especially marijuana contains "phytoestrogen" now consider that gals like us are consuming copious amounts of this form of estrogen and it should be crystal clear why our periods are out of whack.

It is ridiculous and naive for anyone to believe that marijuana does not affect your hormones. Moreover, most marijuana is grown with chemicals of some sort especially hydro plants. Scientists have not even begun to understand the variety and complexity of the chemicals that make up cannabis so anyone stating otherwise is deluding themselves.

Look, I started smoking pot a decade ago and I  enjoy it but after a decade of continuous use some not so good things have started happening to me which is why is stopped. Oddly I do not miss it, it is as if I have just had enough at least for now.

Okay I have smoked pot off and on for awhile now. I am also on the depo shot (birth control) And Here lately when I smoke i start my period. I would like to know if its the weed or if there is something wrong with me.. Please help..

I don't believe anyone is wrong in this conversation but I've smoked pot for about 6 years now....and never once was my period affected. I got it every month for about a week...I mean I was also on birth control so maybe u should try that because it definitely regulates ur period if that's ur concern?

Yet, the others are FDA approved and marijuana is not.
Pills= Death
Cigarettes= Health problems- too many chemicals
Alcohol= Health problems-death

All FDA approved.

Then there's marijuana.
Cannabis= Happiness- refrigerator (you can stop anytime unlike cigarettes-nicotine, and pills-opiod)

Illegal.
It's helped more than harmed.

It has nothing to do with your period

I've been smoking weed every day for about three months now, and it has majorly affected my period to the point where I'm a little nervous. I've had my period every two weeks, and sometimes even quicker than that - this time I got it again after only one week. My doctor thinks it is my birth control pill, but I have been on the same pill for years now and have never had any problems with it, so it doesn't make sense to me that my pill is the answer. I'm convinced it's the MJ because it's the only thing I have changed, aside from a breakup with an ex-boyfriend that I've been very stressed about. Just letting you know you're not alone.