whats up everybody, im new to this forumn. i am 7 days clean. i notcied this place has very exp. and helpful users on here and i have a story and a couple of questions to ask. please, what i say might offend some people so take no offense. i just turned 22 in december and have been smoking weed since i was 18, so about 4 years. i was a pretty heavy smoker. never a set amount of weed i would smoke but i definently had days where i would reach about 25, 20 something bllunts a day. not even exaggerating, i always had blunts with me everywhere i went. i dont want to blame my parents but i was going through a little rebelious stage and my parents kicked me out so i was staying with friends and would stay out all night smoking. maybe if that would of never happened i would of never picked that stuff up but who knows. i was also a heavy drug dealer and so i alwasy had some bud. before i started smoking i was a very popular. for some reason peolple loved to gravitate towards me. even my first 2 years of smoking and selling i was pretty popular, not to brag but its the honest truth. i was never a prick though, always a modest and nice guy, but dont get me wrong when it came to my friends we were total jokesters and penises to each other lol but it was all fun you know. any ways ive noticed after a while that after i dropped out of high school, started hanging out with the wrong people, got robbed or beat a couple times that my personality has def changed. i used to be very, very funny. people used to always tell me i made their day after they talked to me. i guess you could say i was very witty? idk but thats not the case any more. while im still funny at times, at the same time i developed very bad anxiouty. idk if this gave me some depression but i was also very depressed before i quit. and above all i was paranoid. not in the sense that most people think, like that the fbi were going to break in through my windows like something straight out of die hard. more of a i think everybody is talking spit behind my back and people always think a certain way about me. the fact that i cut everbody off, and i mean EVERBODY to go and smoke weed with my circle of pothead friends( which i cut off too after a while) to smoke either by myself or with my other 2 "best friends", doesnt help me to think otherwise. alot has happened to me and although i wish to share everything i feel like it will take too long. my question is, now that i quit weed and gave my brain time to clear out, i am finally seeing that my anxiety and paranoia got the best of me, and will i every fully recover? and i when i mean recover i mean will my old personalitly come back cause as of now im like brain dead and almost emotionless. im so fed up with weed. also i forgot to mention i smoke everyday, literally.

please no religious preaching or off topic answers. i just want some basic answers as im also very impatient now, and thats not how i used to be.. thanks

sorry for the double post, but also, how long will it take for me too fully recover. like i said 4 years of heavy heavy heavy smoking. lets say an ounce of some goodies or middies every 2 days...

Dont sweat it , you will get your personality back when the haze clears. After 90 days you will be back to normal. With pot increasing feel good doppamine levels your natural supply has taken a back seat and will take time to come back into play. Coupled with that over your four years you have been storing thc in all your fat glands that will have to be released that will effect my former point. Check out the MJ syndrome site too, says on there the chinese call mj a name reffering to heat cause the plant causes your body to heat up - your blood, and they belive symptoms you are experiencing is caused cause your blood is not as it naturally should be - wrong chemical reactions happening leading to mental and physical problems. I'm about 4 weeks in and still have tired spells, whats really helped to raise my spirit is exercising for good hour, mountain biking my choice, good diet with plenty of vitamin c. All the best !

thanks dude, it seriously feels nice to hear some positive feedback! my anxiety gets the best of me. im at 10 days once 12 hits and i can say i feel better, more clear headed (just a little) not reallly though, my anxiety always kicks in when i dont want it too. do you know when that fades?? and best of luck to you bro, we both need it

"No worries bud" excuse the pun :) what part of the world you in out of interest ? The states ? I'm in New Zealand - one of the biggest pot smoking countries in the world :) As I have discovered after a month you start to feel real good, you doing real well, better than many, hang in there and make you number 1 priority !

lol :). i live in the states. New Jersey, about a half hour away from seaside, you know home of the show the jersey shore, fist pumping, steroids, and blow outs lol. we have some decent buds around here the best i smoked personlay were shipped from california, some blue cheese, and some OG kush. at one point i picked up a qp of each and smoked myself STUUPID! but anyways yea im doing good, i had to moments where i turned down a blunt. i was with my 2 friends 2 days ago and it was my boys bday so we were drinking, and he had a bag and i was drunk and said whatever so i rolled it and was about to spark it, than suddenly idk what it was but something told me to not do it and i said no. and last night my sister brought over some bomb haze and kept making me sniff it (jerk) but i still said no :) getting better everyday. so you say a month? i heard somewhere else it takes about 3 to 6 months for heavy users

Yeah we get the fist pumping show :) bit stink how me mrs has some eye candy to look at on it but short supply for us boys - they need some hot birds on it to replace current chick cast members :) hard case show all the same.

I spent 3 months in holland and use to cycle to the coffee shops and by my gram of big bud etc each day lolloll annual weed award there usually taken out by a New Zealand guy that took some seeds from here he had cultivated, thats how good the stuff is here. Yeah Cali perfect climate for it.

Yeah like said in first post takes 90 days if you have been long term, but should be a month for the anxiety to be toned down, like others say on here factors like doses you smoked, your biology, your diet etc come into play.

Sounds like you staying nice and staunch and walking tall in your resolve to say no , friends transient anyway, most people when they go back through their life how many friends from 10 years ago are still in your life today ? Sure have ya rock solid life time friends but many come and go so my way of thinking is why F..K ya life up for them ?

Feel bloody tired today M8, dont know if its the absteince or the 90 min moutainbike ride where me and my border collie shot past a group of your country men working out here :)

Yeah I read a guy said you feel real good after 6 months , seems bloody long time but guess small in percentage terms of time smoking. Most say 3 months though. "The holes one puts oneself in - in life" lolol yep not feeling so upbeat today :) Want go 3 months and see how much energy I got and if still low on energy will go see the Doc, always seem to have had energy for fun stuff but not for work :)

Stay Strong - be worth it for your daughter eh, I got a mate that wakes and bakes etc and most people would give their right arm to have a wee 5 year old boy like he has - full of character and wee tot does not get the life he deserves, goes nowhere, blazed dad cannot work out why he gives him the run around sometime as he's yelling and screaming at him - poor wee fella just wants to run round somewhere besides the kitchen.

"Funny old world" :)

Meant ya boy :) with better being clear headed, think ya would lose out on seeing certain aspects of them in the haze, well thats been my experience with my four legged boy :)

Guess ya meaning "ya homie" "ya dog" when ya say ya boy ? lollol

About to read https://www.steadyhealth.com/Waving_Goodbye_to_the_Weed__Advice_for_Giving_Up_t271788.html

Time i finish reading it ill be clean :)

yea i agree they need to get rid of 2 of the girls, there so not pretty haha. nice, you have a border collie, i used to have 5 dogd, 1 enlg bull dog 2 sheep dogs, and 2 choloclate labs. im stuck with just the 1 now, and believe it or not you can say he has a little bit of anxiety too because the first 5 years of his life he used to cooped up in a big cage in the garage. my stepdad was very wierd about that sort of stuff and isnt the nicest person. he doesnt understand how to treat people and animals you know? so i rescued him from his garage and now he stays with me..very anxious dog but i know how to treat him and he calms down.

yea i gotta a little slang in my talk, i use terms like "my boy" as my friend etc. its a jersey thing i guess :).

yea i feel you, im sure he's a good father. That is how my father used to be, alot of broken promises and you know, but hell grow up fine, like i did. hopefully he doesnt end up in the same boat as me haha. at least when he starts school hell have more free time at recess and stuff.

im on day 13 now and everyday i can honestly say is better than the last. Ive been learning alot about foods, and maybe the reason your so tired is because of the foods you take in? idk, im not trying to tell you how to eat or anything. my friend just moved to cali and turned vegan after he took on marijuana. he is very smart, and very conscious and is one of the lucky ones that can smoke and be fine you know. he eats his weed and smokes it occasionally. he tells me alot about how much more energy he has from eating healthier and how much more livley he is. im going to switch to vegan too. he say's meat is bad for you and gave a good reason as to why. and it makes sense.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** he really goes into detail. you can trust him, i grew up with him, and he doesnt just talk just to talk.

idk if your into this stuff, but its worth a look.

you go mountain biking, thats cool man i never even seen a mountain in real life. your a lucky dogg ( im reffering to you lol, not a real dog).

but anyways back on topic, my depression has def lifted. not completey, but everyday my good mood stretched longer and longer.

my anxiety is easier to control too as well. i just want to say this, i never had soical anxiety, shy, but nothing to this extent. i was alwasy very outgoing. now because of the abuse, my anxiety soo bad. i couldnt stand being around even my best friends, even my family without feeling very anxious. but now thats changing, i can actually sit down and hold a conversation like i used to. its a great feeling.

i will post on here everyday too for anybody going through the same things as i am.

all the symptons like deprsesion, mood swings, anxiety, weed fog, flem in the throat, beathing, thinking in general is getting clearer. my thing is, its all in your head. if you feel ike your not getting better, you wont gett better, or you will take longer. i remember i quit for a month due to probation and this was last year when my symptoms were at their worst, and within that month i havnt smoked and my symptoms didnt clear up. but thats because i didnt know as mch as i know now..get it? i didnt want to get better i just wanted to smoke and i didnt realize i had anxiety and depression and all that, i just thought that was me, but now i know all my symptoms and i can feel each one lifting..

also i think finding a friend, in real life, or on the web, with the same probelm and can give advice can help. Fowardnow is really helping me get through this, and i hope to still hear from you!

im not pushing anything on to anyone, but this is my friend, and he is very smart and conscious. He says and explains alot about what to eat to think clearer. What he say's can definetely help anybody trying to recover from marijuana abuse. ironic, he eats and smokes weed, but in moderation. here are the links. keep in mind, he might offend alot of people, he comes off very strong. But either way, he provides alot of facts. and hes only 22! like me

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Cheers - you helping me too :) 

I had the weird stepfather thing too :) life's a balance eh - you might have had your hurdles like everyone but man you are fortunate to have a kool kat in your life like your vegan boy. Much appreciated you posting the links :) "No fry pan's in the jungle" lmfao - true ! murderking lolol

I have been a vegetarian for 18 months in the past and "funny" how you posted the links cause meat eating does not sit well with me my mind often gives me a nudge to go back to it, did so for a month recently, gave up after 18 months cause got sick of eating Starch filled vegetarian pies cause was to lazy to get my shite together to make a veggie lunch but as your boy has stated would have been doing it wrong cause of starches anyway and no suprises from this newly learned info had no more energy. I don't like the killing side of meat, I love animals,  Buddha philosophy me,so now will go forward and put it into practice, look forward to watching the other links you have kindly provided. You have a loving heart - love always comes to the top eh.

Will reply to the kool kat on the tube when have time and thank him, cracker day here so will go out and enjoy it. Thanks to you I'm looking forward to having EneRgY :)

Re OT - You obviously have a great personality which takes anyone far in life and can aid for the greater good, path we both on the right one eh like the wise words I read by a guy "Ya just sin on ya talents with drugs" in saying that who knows mite be able to be like your mate one day and have some balance with it but would only be a puff or eat a little, like said want to go the 3 months anyway. Whats a bomb haze ya sister brought over ?

Think the stuff these days is so strong trouble arises by having to much when ya need so little, kats round me know what they doing growing it.

I don't even miss it now, if i remember the experience of last time i had probably wont again, was nothing scary just felt little edgie/para at times round friends we were visiting - just didn't enjoy it.

"What hashish gives with one hand it takes away with the other: that is to say, it gives the power of imagination and takes away the ability to profit by it." Baudelaire (1860) - Guy seen the light in 1860 lolllol

I'm not going anywhere M8 :) 

there ya go mate :) (you see what i did there, im using your slang now haha) your catching on. yea hes a cool cat. some of the other videos he comes off really strong, but like i said, thats just how he is you know.

thanks bud, its good hearing that. you know i have been told that by several other people these past couple of days and it feels good. believe it or not these past couple years i would of never been told that, i was a completely different person, but i guess that just shows tha progress i am making, and i guess my personality is coming back. AWSOME! :))

i dont have alot of time today so sorry i cant post as much but today is day 14, im feeling a little down, but im still going to force myself to get up and do what i have to do.

its good to know somebody is here for me, i appreciate it. also the moderator took the link down :/

Nothing to be sorry about M8 - (swapping slang :) ) yeah hard to fit in typing heaps when short on time or tired. As you know it will soon pass the tiredness, I can breath lot clearer through me nose already thanks to the no starch :) marijuana syndrome the site Keep active man