For the past year I have had diarrhea... I have also felt like I could throw up any time now for the past few months. Back in October I was told I have IBS, and found out I had gonorrhea. I was given penicillin for it and my diarrhea got worse to where I am scared to leave the bathroom. I went back for my final test for gonorrhea and ask about the diarrhea and was told I may have C diff from the penicillin. I got all my test results and all came back negative. I have come to a stand still on what is causing this problem and it not has made life very hard for my effecting work and school causing me to be scared to be ten feet from my bathroom. Any advise?

Hello, Desperate.  I can definitely sympathize with you regarding IBS.  You can, however, manage it. First of all, avoid things that trigger it.  Limit fatty foods in your diet.  Caffeine and alcohol are to be avoided as well.  Since you are suffering from diarrhea, you should limit dairy, fruit and sorbitol, xylitol, or anything that ends with "ol."  Increasing fiber in your diet will help so that your body can develop bulk in your stools.  Foods like broccoli and beans will keep bloating and gas at a minimum.  Medications such as anticholinergics for cramping, loperamide for diarrhea, antidepressants, or antianxiety drugs.  Stress reduction is also helpful to prevent IBS.  Are there others out there that can share their experiences with IBS?