I've been going through a tough period of time where I will experience the most intense cramping ever. I hyperventilate, sweat profusely, my vision starts to black out (related to vagus nerve??), and feel extremely nauseated. (Although I vomited only once during a course of many flare ups)

The cramping will last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. During this time, I will go from my bed (unclothed & laying under the ceiling fan, this is when I get some relief) to the toilet many times without producing any movements.

Then I have a rather large stool pass, the cramping lessens, then the diarehea begins.

The next day I am so fatigued and my lower back aches so badly as if I've been beat in the back w/a baseball bat. I know in the mornings I am dehydrated, as my urine is rather dark.

I am wondering, does anyone else w/IBS or similar stomach problems also experience this??

you should probably head to the doctor if you havent already. It sounds like a mix of IBS and kidney problems (lower back pain, dark urine). Feel better!!!

this is funny I found this post. My grandma has experienced the vagus nerve condition twice in the last 3 months. It's called Vasal Vagal (spelling not sure?) It's pretty much all your symptoms, she gets relief when laying down, and if her blood pressure didn't drop too far, she recovers in about a half hour feeling fine. The first time it happened her blood pressure dropped to 50/30 and they were ready to use the AED on her. I would see your dr about it, I'm not sure if theres anything specific you can do to prevent them. Her problems are also related to her meds needing changing. I hope this helps, definitely get it checked out because you don't know when it's going to be the big one and not be able to recover with a low BP