Hello guys , i am 14 years old and i'm like 5 feet 10 inches tall . In the past 2 months i lost like 25 lbs and now if i eat a little more than i had eaten in the past 2 months i fatter e.g. i ate only lunch and some fruit for breakfast . Now if i eat something for breakfast and lunch constantly for like 3-4 days , i get 1-2 lbs fatter. Could anyone tell me what to do , i mean i am all the time active - playing basketball, running , swimming etc etc .. I want to try bodybuilding , but i am scared that it can affect my growth .. Could anyone tell me what to do?

How much do you weigh now?

I weight like 132 lbs

Hi again, at 5 feet 10 inches and 132lbs you are not overweight so I would not worry about putting on a couple of pounds . Of course you don't want to put on a couple of pounds every day or you will get to be overweight . Do you weigh yourself at the same time every day, preferably first thing in the morning before you eat. Your body weight will fluctuate from day to day as well and did you also realise that as you develop more muscle you will weigh more because muscle is heavier than fat. If I were you I would eat what you want to eat within reason and eat your healthy food and exercise and your body will settle down to an average weight fluctuating between a few pounds. Also as you are only 14 you will gain more weight as your bones and muscles etc. have not finished growing yet so you are not going to stay the weight you are now.

Ty for the reply , i got one more question .. Should i try bodybuilding ? I mean i have 2 dumbells of like 4.4lbs and exercise everyday with them but it's too light for me and i don't gain any muscle with them ? Any suggestion for me if i should try going to the gym and exercising with little bigger weight like 11 lbs dumbells?

And i am afraid of getting my old weight back , since i lost really big weight in a little bit of time . My friends say that i should gain the weight and lose it slowly , but it will take me a lot of time and patience . So i am not sure what to do , so that's why i want to go to the gym ... Does anyone know if i can get the weight i had really fast since i lost it pretty fast myself?!

Hi again, I would definItely go to the gym or do some form of exercising to keep your weight in check and also keep more fit and healthy. I would gradually increase the dumbell weight, is there a trainer there that can advise you on the weights? It is also good to use the treadmill or stationary bicycle for cardiovascular excercise (to get your heart rate up) And yes you can put back on the weight you lost quickly if you pig out a lot or start eating the wrong kind of foods such as lots of bags of chips or cookies or candies etc. Just remember, everything in moderation. Don't deprive yourself of a chocolate bar or doughnut but don't eat 2 or 3 at once. You could look up calorie charts, check how many calories you need for your height and age, usually around 2,500 and then keep a check of how many calories in the foods you eat all day, and how many calories you burn at the gym to balance it out, and of course your body uses calories when you are just sitting. The trick is to know how many calories your body uses every day and then consume that amount. If you take in more than your body needs it will store it as fat and you will gain weight, if you take in less it will use the stored fat, and you will lose weight. Get to know which foods have the highest calories and fat such as doughnuts etc and limit your intake of those and realise you can eat plenty of fruit and vegetables which are low in calories and fat.