i am a 16 year old male, i found a lump in my throat that appeared out off know where about 2 month's ago... i did some research and found that i have 5 out off 7 symptoms for throat cancer.. i was wondering if you could tell me how to find out if i have it with out worrying my parents...

The lump in the throat can be caused by many symptoms. Not only cancer. Have you had any problems with tonsils? Thyroid gland can also cause lumps to appear in the throat. Have you noticed any other changes in the body. Cancer is the most sever cause of the lump. You can test it by going to the doctor and he can do a biopsy of the lump. However you should talk to your parents about this. You are young and this is not something that you want to go through alone.

Is there a possibility that this is some side effect from some medication? Are you using any medication right now?

I hope that this helped a little bit