So this is my first time posting on this site so I hope I can get some opinions. Anyway, I'm really really self-conscious about my penis size. But I get mostly frustrated with myself because I began puberty at an average age and have seen growth all over my body except for my penis. I started puberty in 6th grade, so I was 11 or 12, can't remember. I went through growth spurts as I got taller, and I'm 16 now and I'm in 11th grade and I stand at 5'11" tall and I weigh 154 lbs. But my penis is a shameful 5 inches and my girth is totally down the drain too. I have never measured girth because 1) i didn't know how to until recently and 2) I don't want to get upset with the results that i might get. It just kills me because in all the porn I watch, they look average. And it also kills me that other guys are worried about their 6 inch penis and they're like 13 or 14, when I'm older and I still only have 5 inches. I just want to be 6 inches. And my girth is SO CRAZILY skinny. Okay. I admit it's not like paper thin, but i see in porn all these guys who have an average size and their penis is like wide and thick. But mine doesn't really get like that unless i flex it really hard, and i can only keep it flexed for around 5-7 seconds, so basically it's very very thin compared to the average 18 year old's penis girth. Then it goes back to its weird shape ( i say weird cause it starts out thick sorta then it the right edge "leans in" towards the left side so then it gets thin, it looks weird). Also, i'm very worried cause when i stand up, my penis gets thicker than when i am sitting down, but it only gets thicker right after i stand up then it goes back to thin. And i'm worried cause when i sit down, my penis looks way smaller than it does when i stand up and it doesn't stand up straight hard, but it points towards my stomach. Basically, it's like a 45° angle, where it's just enough to point out, but it only points towards my stomach so it's not flat on my stomach and i see in porn some guys sitting down and their penis points straight up and is hard. I'm not what i would call muscular at all but i am certainly not fat. My arms past my elbows are super skinny and my stomach is a little round (guess it's just baby fat). And i have alot of facial hair i would say. I grow a whole neckbeard, patches of cheek hair on both cheeks and thick sideburns and a dense mustache. My balls obviously have dropped and my voice is deep compared to before, and i'm mostly turned on every 2 days, depending on whenever i jerked off last. Also my balls are smaller than average size but they're still look big like an adult's. And my face is super super oily and i get a lot of bad acne and i have a lot of scars on my face. But OF ALL THINGS, my penis will not grow. I know that not everyone has a 6 inch penis but, unless i specifically search for something like "small penis" in porn, all the guys have an average sized penis, if not bigger. And they have a NORMAL girth!! I have a friend and he just turned 14 and he is 6 inches long and has an average girth!! But i don't and i'm 2 years older than him and i have more facial hair but he is skinnier than me by a little and is 2 inches shorter than me and began puberty same time as me. I need help!!!!! (Sorry for long post, i'm depressed).

Hi Arslan,

You have no need to be depressed.

1.  The average ADULT male penis is 5 - 5 1/2" erect.

2.  We all develop at different rates/times.

3.  Your penis can grow into your early 20's.

4.  You are developing NORMALLY.

5.  You see your friends penis from a different angle than you do your own.

6.  There is a good chance many of the 13-14 years olds are LYING.  The average for a 13-14 year old is 3-4" and 14-15 is 4-5".

7.  It is NORMAL for your penis to point at an angle.  Some penises point left, right, up and even down.

Finally, don't EVER compare yourself to anyone else and certainly don't use porn as a reference for anything.  They aren't on film because they're "average."

OK, your buddies have bigger penises, it's OK.  Any girl that you know well enough to want to have sex with will not say anything about your size.  You wouldn't say anything about her breast size to anyone would you?  Maturity and sex go together.

Hope it helps.

Medic-Dan, this is Arslan, the original question poster. Thanks for your response. But I'm really worried about my girth. Like I've said, I've never measured it and it's something I'm always thinking about. If I'm not thinking about my length, then I'm upset over my girth. I have a thin penis, it doesn't look like an adult's, even when I'm soft. I know that soft size doesn't matter, and I'm a grower, but my penis is thin even when small and when it's erect, sure, it gains girth, but it still is thin compared to an average penis girth. To put this into perspective, an average penis has a notable underside to it, you know what I'm talking about? I believe what I'm referring to is called the corpus spongiosum. Mine is not thick at all compared to what an adult's penis looks like. You can see it enough to recognize it, but it really only has a small part that is big and then it sort of just "disappears" and gets small. Usually thick penises have a considerable size to the spongiosum on the underside, but I don't have that.

I'm debating on whether or not to measure the girth; I want to to finally know what the measurement is, but I don't want to have to look at numbers and then get all mad and frustrated again.

I'm so obsessed with the size of my penis so much that, for the past month and a half, I can't even watch porn without getting slightly angry and madly envious over the guy in the video. It really frustrates me as something that was once enjoyable and to which no attention was payed is now taking over my thoughts when I masturbate. The first thing that pops into my head once I start watching a video is, 'Wow, that guy is bigger than me.' This is every time I masturbate.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me advice.

The first piece of advice is to STOP watching porn. Those guys you see didn't get on camera by being "average." DO NOT compare yourself to anyone else.

How many other penises have you seen, close up, and erect? I don't mean on TV either, I mean with your own eyes?

Penises come in all varieties of sizes and shapes. We know you're of average length. Your penis can grow into your early 20's - including in girth. We all develop at different rates/times so you can't even compare yourself to anyone else.

It's not the size (including girth) that matters. It's what you do with your penis that counts. Be proud of what you have and don't ever be embarrassed. No women you love will think or say anything of it. You would NEVER make a comment about her body now would you?

You're fine Arslan. Please don't worry about your size.

Thanks Medic-Dan.

This is Arslan. Firstly, let me apologize for the late response.

I have acknowledged all of what you said to be true, but it still is way difficult for me to only think that I'm one of those guys in the small percentages that doesn't have a regular size like everyone else. But, I have been coping with it these 2 weeks, and everyday, I make an effort to think of all those things less and less. It is most difficult, but I am trying not only to not think about it, but to not masturbate AND watch porn altogether. I have finally realized that yes, porn is PORN; it's GOING to have huge penises in it, that's what it's all about (just like how all, if not most, porn has the female pubic region shaved). And yeah, I haven't seen a penis in real life with my own eyes, so you are right about that; besides, cameras can really create a whole new world of an image, if you know what I mean.

I did measure my girth and have found out that it is average (or mostly, anyway, since the further up it, the skinnier it gets, so it's some tenths of a inch below the average at the top... assuming the average is 5"). I glad I did it because it gave me a huge amount of relief, but at the same time, it wasn't a good idea to begin with as it only made me further attach significance to numbers, which a bad habit that I already do.

Also, do you think that I will grow more, even just a little in terms of height and penis growth? I have been getting taller these past 2 years. I grew from 5'9" to 5'11" in 1 year I believe it was, but I have yet to go to my doctor to see if I have grown more. I mention height because several articles/medical forums that I've read noted that a good indicator of the end of puberty is when you stop growing in height, or the plates in your legs stop stretching apart or something (I forget the name). Because of this, they said that that's why girls are mostly taller than boys since they start puberty and their height growth earlier, but then boys get taller shortly thereafter. What makes me think that I may grow more is the fact that I've grown in height this year, but what doesn't make me think I'll grow more is the fact that I have a moderate amount of facial hair at an early age (or so I would call it early) and I associated facial hair growth with men in their 20's or who have otherwise already finished puberty.

Lastly, I failed to mention earlier that...... I am homosexual. I mention this because this has contributed the most to my self-confidence issues with my size (this was mainly why I pay close attention to the male, but I believe even if I was straight, I'd still look closely). You say that size in length AND girth both do not matter when it comes to pleasing a woman. I personally think that a 6.5" penis will definitively feel better than 5". But I'm really self conscious because, obviously as a homosexual, I feel as if men who have a larger penis are not going to want someone with a smaller one. I don't think I will be satisfying when it comes to sex with men or women (note: it is much easier to satisfy someone vaginally than anally, if you know what I'm getting at). {I do not care about a man's size, therefore, I would like for them to do the same}.

Thanks for your responses!

I would appreciate feedback.

Hi Arsian,

Your penis can grow into your early 20's. Most males stop growing in height by about age 18 but both can vary. You will continue to develop body hair into your 20's, this is VERY common. 18 is not the end of your physical development. There are many 16 year olds that shave, at least once a week, but usually by about 18 a male is shaving regularly. Again, it varies, race does play a part in all of this.

I'm glad you found that you are "average."

The nerves in the vagina are located near the outside. Anything over about 3" is enough to reach them. Too big a penis can actually cause pain - it can hit the cervix. Bigger is not always better. How you use your penis is important, male or female sex.

I agree with bigger not being better, and I also knew about that whole cervix thing, too. I just wanted to thank you for your advice as I greatly appreciate it for all the things I had on my mind! Thanks man.

Excuse me. But what do I do I started puberty when I was 13 or 14. And my penis is really small. It's embarrassing do you think it will stay like this it grow to be normal

This sorta helps.. I mean I'm 16, going in 11th grade, 210 lbs (not proud of that) I've started puberty in 5th grade and when erected it's only 4 in....;(

Let's just hope our bodies won't let us down. :)