So there's a post on here about the recovery process that freaked me out, since I'm getting a nose job soon, but the posters weren't so specific about what kind of rhinoplasty was done, so I can't tell if my process will be the same. It seems as if it took everyone months to look even remotely normal!!!
I'm getting a closed rhinoplasty (from the nostrils) to remove a hump and some tip refinement. (I'm using Dr. Norman Pastorek, by the way.) I heard closed surgery heals quicker than open rhinoplasty. Is that true? If so, can I expect to look normal enough in 3 weeks to return to school?? That's all the time I have!

I ve emailed Dr. Norman Pastorek and still waiting for his reply. Does he do phone consults? I went for a surgery with a doctor in Beverly Hills, Paul Nassif, claiming to be an expert and charged me more than the original quote and left me with a button like nose and it became fat. They do not want me to speak up using 'Gag Contracts'. I cant breathe well without carrying a nasal dilator with me. It is disappointing after all that money. I hope Dr. Pastorek can fix what Paul Nassif left me with.

I don't know if Pastorek works over the phone, sorry. I've gotten my information packet and everything and he seems really professional. I've talked to someone who's used him,, but just for a regular nose job (like mine) not a second one, but she was really pleased with his work. I'm pretty sure he has nothing that holds you back from talking negatively about him. (gag contract?)
About the pig-nose, I've heard that's very common when you're first recovering, so maybe you need to just wait a bit before looking into another doctor. Just a thought. But Pastorek has been really easy to work with so far, and he hasn't switched any quotes on me, so hopefully it will all work out. Good luck!

Well, since I do nt live in the US, I follow my legislations and burn Paul Nassif 's 'Gag Contracts'. I am really disappointed with his work. He charged me a lot and I felt more like some bank account rather than a patient. It was the biggest regret of my life!

I'm sorry, I hope you find someone you can trust. Wish me luck-my surgery is in a week and a half and I'll let you know how it goes!

I just posted my answer on the "pastorek rhinoplasty" message if you're interested

I would like to suggest,whichever surgery you want go to for have faith,clear understanding between doctor and patient,and moreover,self-confidence in you.

Thanks