i know this sounds really dumb. im 18 years old just out of high school. im at a bad road in my life, me and my boyfriend are broken up for the first time in 9 months. We both know its not forever, but now that im alone im realizing all the things i lost, the things i lucked out on.

i never balanced my friends and the guy i love. i always wanted to be with him. and now i realize that my friends, even my best friend has other things to do. between trying to fix friendships and heal my broken heart im left with the questions, "what do i like to do?" "what am i good at?" "what makes me happy?"

im going to school for nursing because i love to take care of people and i love being with people. But i want to find something i like that doesnt involve other people. something that i like to do while im alone and something that makes me feel like i dont need other people so much.

i was wondering if dear yahoo answers could help me think of things i might like to do.

i meant to say i was wondering if this dear forum could help me think of things i might like to do

As in a job you can work alone in or a hobby?

i think i mean more of a hobby. or just something i might be good at, that doesnt involve people. half the time im unsatisfied being alone, and maybe if i had something i liked to do when i was alone itll be easier and make me less dependent on other people.

Well if its' a hobby your looking for just find something you enjoy. Like music? Pick up an instrument. Like art? Start drawing.