Im only 19 but for the past 3-4 months I have had trouble with my bowel movments. I didnt think anything of it until just a few days ago when I started to really think of all my symptoms. My Grampa was diagnosed about 9 years ago, and I have some of the same symptoms. For instance; I can be constipated for a few day, but then I get diareha. But the whole time I feel like there isnt as much stool as there should be to add up to what I've eaten. I get gas cramps, but I have always had those. And I feel tired all the time, but I have also always been like that. However there is no blood that I have noticed and and I dont get dizzy or anything like that. Should I be worried?

I have a pretty sensitive stomach and always get really sick after eating bad food (much more than other people). When I went to the doctor last about it my boyfriend wanted me to ask the doctor if I get gastro too often (1-3 times a year). The doctor said no - people are sensitive to different things. Another doctor referred me to have a colonoscopy because I was having stomach pains that couldnt be diagnosed. I asked this doctor whether I should go and have it (I didnt have it at the time because my pain went away). The doctor said colonscopys check for cancer and it would be practically impossible that I would have cancer due to my age, Im 26. So its probably very unlikely you would have colon cancer at your age.

It sounds more like you have IBS. Constipation, diarrhea and fatigue are all associated with IBS. You should go and see a doctor to check this out. In the mean time I would recommend that you start taking fibre supplements, such as pysllium husks (Metamucil - they come in capsules now), and a good probiotic. Fibre is a prebiotic so it will nourish the probiotic you take and you should get the best effects. Psyllium husks will hellp with both your constipation and diarrhea as long as you take adequate water with it. It will also help flush out any toxins in your intestinal track, allowing the probiotic to increase the number of 'good bacteria' in your gut.

For a probiotic make sure you get one that is refridgerated. They cant survive unless refridgerated! No matter what the brand says. Im in Australia and we have a good brand here called Inner Health Plus. If you can get this I would recommend it. Also, this brand does a special probiotic for IBS. It is made up of different strains of good bacteria than the normal probiotic. I would suggest that you take a probiotic and fibre supplement in the morning and repeat again at night. Dont forget to drink adequate amounts of water!

Hopefully your doctor can help you out some more. Even if you dont have IBS, taking these supplements will give you better general health. Good luck!!

Hi there, it is possible that you could have a disorder like IBS, which would have symptoms like you're describing. Have ou been to a doctor about it? it hink that would be your best next move. What do you think?