Hello, folks. A close friend of mine suffers from anorexia. I am really sad, because I know this disease can be very serious. I would like to know in which way anorexia can hurt a person. I will be at my friend's side all the time and help her as much as I can. Thanks for all your replies.

Hello, there. You are right. Anorexia is indeed a serious disease. It affects people in psychological, but also in a physical way. A person thinks she is fat, so she doesn't eat. She loses weight, so she feels depressed. She redraws from social life and doesn't know how to interact with people anymore. She has physical symptoms as well. Her heart beats faster and irregularly. Her hormones go wild. Bone structure is impaired. Gastrointestinal and kidney problems appear. If this continues, this person usually ends up in a hospital. You should try to make your friend seek medical help.