Hello, folks. I think my friend suffers from anorexia. She has lost a lot of weight and she is constantly in a bad mood. I wonder which psycho-neurological problems could occur from anorexia. I am worried about her and I will really appreciate your replies. Thank you for all the help, guys.

Hello, there. Anorexia is a serious disease. Beside functional and late organic changes, it can cause psycho-neurological problems as well. In fact, anorexia is caused by psychological factors. Since a person can become seriously underweight, then this causes depression and withdrawal from social life. This person can easily upset and react intensively, so there is a bad communication with others. Sleep is affected as well, so one is constantly tired. They can develop obsessive-compulsive disorder, especially about the food. They think only about the food and often collect recipes. They can be compliant. Other psychological problems like mood or anxiety disorders are also possible. Talk to your friend's family members and see how you can help her.