I had what I thought was the flu before christmas.My symptoms were chills, body aches, high fever, headache, very tired. The over all symptoms lasted maybe 2 weeks. After that my throat just felt funny. I looked at it and I have white pus in my tonsilis. I wasn't so concerned because it didn't hurt and if I use listerine twice a day it seemed to keep it at bay. I have holes in my tonsils and am used to them getting infected many times a year...but this time its not going away and if I forget to use the listerine the next day I feel exhausted...run down and have a headache. What really concerns me is today I went to the bathroom and had a bloody rectal mucus discharge. I have never had that before! Is there a connection to the infection in my throat? I have had the throat infection for over a month now. Please help I'm going to the doctor soon but I'm freaking out now.

It sounds like you have some kind of infection. Your rectal bleeding may or may not be related to your infection. An overactive immune system in response to the infection may have caused ulcerative colitis, resulting in rectal bleeding. Or it could be something else such as hemorrhoid or colon cancer.