When I reach back into my mouth and press on some pouch off to the side (there's one on each side of my mouth), sometimes a small chunk of white stuff comes out and it smells awful. My Mom and Aunt have both had similar experiences and I'm wondering what the hell that is. o.O

I've actually had the same sort've thing... however, I cough it up, so it seems to come from my lungs and it is worse when I am around a lot of cigarette smoke. Not sure what it is either.

I have read about this before and the person said they were called tonsil stones. Have actually had the prob too. Absolutely the worst smell ever isn't it? :$

So i found out that over time your Tonsils(pouches on each side) tend to get holes in them. These holes will collect food from when you swallow and after a while will create a huge chunk that def stinks cause well its basically spoiled food. I have found a little tool to dig it out when it happens and now i have a full hole to the back side of the tonsil so now the food may collect but tends to fall out into my throat when eating so the problems has kind of went away. I talked to a doctor about this and he said its pretty common for your tonsils to get holes or pockets. Nothing you can do.

what if ur tonsils were removed and you think have a hole in the top of ur adams apple??

hmm...  don't know the answer to the hole in the Adam's apple (probably see your doctor), but for keeping your tonsils clean, try a monoject 412 syringe with cold water mixed with mouthwash and be gentle.  the cold water helps to numb your throat so it isn't as scratchy and uncomfortable for cleaning.  I only clean what I see.

yes I have had the same experience. these white things get caught in your tonsils and begin to get hard so hey are called tonsil stones. since it is particles form old fool collecting in or on your tonsils or lungs they will smell horrible.

I have been a Dental Hygienist for over 22 years and my patients come into my office with these tonsololiths or "tonsil stones" all the time. Some are aware they have them and some are not. My theory is that people snack before bed, mostly carbs or processed foods, and do not drink or rinse directly after or during . Then they fall asleep. these food particles stay lodged in the crypts of tonsils or throat and "pearlize" into septic smelling little kernels. If you have experienced these I would recommend gargling with warm salt water before bed and trying to dislodge them gently with a Q-tip being careful not to cause bleeding. The last thing you need is to have these bacteria entering your blood stream.  Having your tonsils surgically removed is an option but extremely painful. Try naturally preventing them.