Is it true that some foods are likely to trigger inflammation? I’ve been told that junk food, fast food and sugar are those triggers. I have problems with sinus inflammation, often with skin. Maybe I should change my eating habits.

Yes, you’ve hear well, some foods are likely to trigger inflammation. Some inflammatory foods contain an important fat called arachidonic acid. This a.acid causes inflammation and is found in animal fat, as well as shellfish and egg yolks. Hydrogenated fats, found in many processed and pre-prepared foods are also inflammatory foods. Beware of foods listed as containing “partially hydrogenated vegetable oil “and margarine that contains hydrogenated fats. Sugary foods or refined grains, white flour & white rice can trigger inflammation by raising blood sugar and insulin levels, another possible source of irritation are plants from the nightshade family.