Hi, I have been weight lifting for over a year. I have combined a diet together with the workout. My muscles are getting very toned and defined and I have never looked greater. But, I am not completely satisfied. I want to get bigger. I mean, I don't want just nice muscles, I want them to be big and nice. This is why I am planning to start bulking. Do you have any advice about this? I wouldn't want to get fat, I just want more muscle mass.

Hi, you have every right to be concerned about the possible fat gain of bulking. If you are eating everything that gets in your path while you are bulking, this is exactly what might happen. It doesn't matter how hard you workout, junk food will become excess fat. So to put on quality muscle mass while bulking, you should eat high quality food. This means no refined sugar and white flour products in your diet. However, carbs are an important source of energy and you need them for you workouts. They just have to be in the form of natural complex carbs that are found in whole grains products. Also you should avoid bad fat and replace it with the good kind. Fish is usually a good source of good fat. Eat plenty of protein rich food. You should have at least five meals a day, with maximum three hours between them. Have intense workouts and you will ensure your weight will be gained in the shape of muscle mass and not fat.