I wouldn't call it ingrown, but it is. it's kinda like a hangnail shooting off the main toenail and burrowing down in. it hurts, I tried to set it free, but it still is in there hurting. I've used bacitracin for 2 days and today I switched to neosporin with pain relief. what else can I do? it hurt some while I was running, mostly on uphills or downhills, or an unusually hard footstrike.

Go to the doc. BC has had his toenails operated on--twice--but the last time was twelve years ago and they haven't bothered him since.

The doc can at least help you cut it right so it won't grow back worse--because if you cut it wrong you may exacerbate it.

BC, who never goes to the doc, absolutely recommends this procedure--he used to be in agony.

Or another thing, soak the toe and put some cotton underneath the ingrown part. Then go to the doc.