i have had ingrown toenail in my toe for 4 months nearly and it is causing me so much pain. i need to go and have the opperation on the 22nd and im really scared about what they do.

are you awake or asleep?
does it hurt?
what happened after the operation?

please help
thanks xx

Having ingrown toenails can be very painful, so I am glad that you are getting the surgery! They usually just do a local and remove the nail while you're awake. Obviously, you aren't going to want to watch so that's probably a good idea, especially if you are squeamish or faint of heart. After the operation, they will have you take it easy for a couple days and it may be a little bit painful while you recover. It is a very simple operation. Don't be afraid! PLease keep us posted on your progress.

I think that the surgery is a small price to pay in exchange for the pain that you are suffering. I think you should be running to the surgery table...It won't hurt as much as you hurt now....Even the recovery....After the operation, you will experience eventual peace that you've forgotten about. I'm not making lite of this. I'm am just trying to encourage you to look forward to the end of your pain.....Write back after the surgery.. :-D