I am 15 and had two ingrowing toenails on both sides of my feet about 7 months ago. I had surgery to remove one corner of each nail. The operation worked and i had no problems at all. Last month I cut my nails too short and the other corners started to ingrow. I went to the podiatrist and they said the right thing to do was to remove the whole nail of both my big toes. I do not want to have it done and its this tuesday. Cant they take the corners off like last time? are my toes they going to look noticeably deformed? And will they cause any future pain?

Am 23 and I think I have an ingrowing toe nail. when touching the tip corner of my big toe it does hurt. I also dropped the shower head on my foot and that toe hurt more than usual.

I've just read up all about it online and the procedure for it. I feel sick literally and faint. I hate needles and tend to faint over anything simple.

Whats the pain like when they do the injections and remove bits of the nail?

hurt more than usual? so its an often thing to drop shower heads on ur toes?

and u dnt c the needles go in... you dnt even feel them.... it wil be ok... trust me

I just had this done today, and I can honestly say the injections were virtually painless. The ingrown toenail hurt far more than the injections. I fretted for years about this and I wish I hadn't.

how dare you hijack my thread