I have 3 ingrown toenails, Ive put cotton unedr all of them and one was still bothering me. I cut it out with nail clippers and i cant quite tell if i got the whole thing, is there a way i can feel around my toe to see if there are any pieces i missed and if so what am i looking for? (I used to have 4 but i got one removed by a podiatrist and i cant afford another.)

hi, that sounds really uncomfortable. have you invested in some good quality nail clippers these are generally easier to use on toenails than scizzors. It can be very hard to self examine your own toe nails, unless you are particularly good at yoga. you could get a mirror and see if that allows you to visualise your toenails. You may also be able to feel to see if you can feel the end of your toenails to check that they are not still ingrowing. I know a podiatrist can be expensive but you may be best to get a professional to have a look and perhaps give you some advise on why you have had so many ingrowing toenails. Hope that helps.

thanks, I do have good nail clippers, but I think ill just go see a podiatrist.