Each year I have more and more troubles with my toenails. My main problems were mostly ingrown nails, but this time my nails become curved and discolored. What can be the possible cause of this condition? Is this normal change that comes with age?

Your podiatrist can diagnose the problem, any sudden changes in color or shape of the nail, sign of infection, development of a freckle under the nail, or pain. Toenails of people of all ages can undergo a range of changes; you are not alone in this. Some are relatively common; they can become thick, brittle, curved, discolored, infected, clubbed, bumpy and grooved. As we grow older, we are more likely to develop some of these toenail problems. Fungal infections are often characterized by thickening, discoloration and separation of the front of the nail from the nail bed and in some cases the nail crumbles. I had problem with fungal infections, and my nail were discolored and curved, luckily there are a range of anti-fungal medications available for treatment.