Are you better? I'm having the same problem.

Your statement is nasty and not compassionate. I am a nurse, and I have always been against frivolous lawsuits. I was always in a medical family (parents both docs, and late husband). Obviously I do not support "quick fix" lawsuits. However, I too, took this product, and now I can't taste or smell. I am a foody, so my life revolves around food.i find your remark to be offensive, and karma to you.

I took rapid melts for about 3 days as directed and my tongue swelled so big I could hardly even talk. I stopped taking but am experiencing extreme sensitivity with my tongue. When I brush my teeth and use mouthwash it burns. It feels like I burnt my tongue similar to when you eat a hot slice of pizza and burn the roof of your mouth and tongue. When I drink hot liquids such as coffee extreme sensitivity/pain. It has been about a week and I still have these issues.

Yes, I have the same symptoms from taking Zicam. After a week, my sense of taste has not come back, and I now have oral thrush, which I think came from the Zicam, because I have not been taking antibiotics.

How did you resolve this problem? I’m experiencing similar symptoms.

How many days did it take for your sense of smell and taste to return?

I have this too. Its been over a week now that I have no taste whatsover. My cold is practically gone. I took the Zicam quite often over the course of 24 hours (directed is a rapidmelt every 3 hours) I probably took about 4 or 5 over the course of one day. Lost of smell and taste began the next day and has been ever since.

Just wanted to know if you ever got your smell/taste back again? I am having the same problem. Thank you.

I didn't use Zicam, thanks be, but I did recently develop temporary post-viral hyposmia (reduced smell/taste) from a mild case of influenza B. First, go to your doctor about this. Your PCP may not have a clue, but they can at least refer you to a specialist (ENT or neurologist) who might.

Google "smell training" and you'll turn up a site in the UK that may be of some help. There are also OTC supplements that can help regenerate damaged olfactory nerves/neurons (or whatever they're called), and/or reduce inflammation in the nasal passages. I have a fair bit of my smell and taste back after almost three weeks, though coffee still has almost no flavor. :-(

It is possible for anosmia or hyposmia to spontaneously resolve, depending on the cause. So I can't absolutely say whether the supplements and smell training helped or not, but at least they aren't causing harm.

People have very different reactions to different meds. Individuals may become sensitive to different components of a med over time and that time may vary among individuals. I was very glad to discover this thread and realize my unpleasant symptoms were most likely related to Zicam, it saved me a trip to the ER. To suggest posters are gold diggers (??!) is a great disservice to this sort of forum. Glad Zicam works for you (so far) but guess what it's not all about you.

I've had the same issue. Swollen tongue and sores.