Hi! Im 18 and for the past three months i have been talking to a guy from the internet. I have seen photos of him and he has told me most of his personal information. I feel i can trust him, however you read a lot of articles about this where the person shuldnt have been trusted.

How can i tell thats hes genuine and is there anything i should be looking for when talking to him to know if hes lying to me or not?

their are a few way's for you to check you could A. run a background check (search his name in some sort of database(NOT FACEBOOK!)) B. (the most difficult) figure out what he does when he lies I have done that test to many people in real life and they will usually break eye contact or something simple and small like that. or C. ( the most risky) take your chances and go out with him and see if he's legit

As someone who has been in your shoes. I have seen this type of thing go either way. I have had very good luck and meet the man of my dreams. But a dear friend of mine had been lied to and broken heart over this kind of thing. Remeber the things he says, names dates stuff like that if he is lying he will mess up and trip himself up and if it happens call him on it. Most importantly if something he says doesnt sit right with you, and makes you feel like something is wrong something is wrong. Listen to your gut. Everything feels right and your happy follow your heart and be safe. I wish you the best. (not sure if you have meet yet, but make your 1st few meets in a public place always better to be safe then sorry)