Hello. I'm planning to start a 5-day workout plan (found it on the web). The workout plan is quite simple and basic however it has one day of interval training per week. This plan recommends choosing a low impact exercises such as stationary biking, swimming or sled pulling. The intervals consist of 15 seconds of work and 45 secs to 1 minute of recovery. What I would like to know is, are these suggestions for interval training ok? Can I drive regular bike outside instead of stationary bike? I don't go to the gym, mostly because I lack time, so I would like to know if there are some alternative exercises for interval training.

interval training can consist of doing any cardiovascular exersize for given amounts of time so yes there are alternatives. wether it consists of running or biking, you wanna pedal or run your max power for the given amount of time and slow the paste back to normal to rest or just stop biking or running all together!