If I were to start duathlon training how much training should I give to biking and how much to running? I'm kind of curious about becoming a better biker and maybe entering a duathlon eventually.

Are you a stronger runner or cyclist?

How much running are you doing per week?

How much riding are you doing per week?

I'll add, what are you goals for a du?

I'll add, what are you goals for a du?
goals? lol, guys I'm not sure. My goal is to complete a race at this point. I don't feel competitive training on my bike at all. I think this Spring and Summer the goal would be just to get into racing condition on a bike and then in the Fall maybe enter my first duathlon.
right now, my weekly miles are down, but i'm starting to get back to a routine. like this week, i'm only around 22 miles running. i'll probaby be getting that up around 32 pretty soon again.
i'll be moving my bike up here soon and the snow is melting, so training can start again. over the Fall I was biking around a 35 long bike ride once a week with 9 to 12 mile bike rides 3 times a week.
i guess i should add, i love the running. i feel competitive about the running. i still haven't felt competitive about the biking. part of that is gettinig comfortable using the hand signals, not losing my footing when i do bike fast...the overall mindset.
shelly

Cycling twice a week will be fine to finish a du. If you get back to your old schedule you'll be fine. You'll add bike-run and run-bike-run about 2 months out to get used to changing sports.

but how much of each? i would like to stay around 32 miles per week running.

Work up to a one hour ride during the week and a 2 hr ride on the weekend. You can start with half of that. It all adds up to stress on you legs. You may also want to trim a few running miles the first week or two to see how you handle using different muscles.

A lot of people will see improved running with slightly less run mileage when they add cycling. It give you aerobic workout without the pounding and it also helps balance the muscles in your legs.

I didn't believe TriBob three months ago when he told me I could run less, but run better, due to biking. I'm learning now how wrong I was.
SEE? I CAN ADMIT I WAS WRONG!
The difference I've seen in my running due to biking is HUGE. My form has improved, my endurance is better than when I was training for my marathon, and I don't have as many aches and pains.