Hello friends.

Today, when I was at the mall, I meet my ex – boyfriend, from the college. He is still cute, I know why all other girls were in love with him.

He has this adorable dog, Lhasa apso. He is so adorable, smart – this is really a family dog :)

But, unfortunately, he is sick. Recently, he was diagnosed with renal disease, and he is really worried. He wants to know some main steps to minimize his dog’s suffering.

He knows that there is some diet program, that almost every vet is recommending, but his vet dones’t know a lot about this diet program.

What do you know?

Can you tell me your recommended diet for dogs with renal failure? 

Hello. I am really sorry to hear this, because I do know how this can be painful. It is really important to find the best diet program for this dog, because providing an appropriate diet designed especially for renal disease is the best way – for the owner and for your dog, because it can positive impact on your dog’s life. I would recommend you low quantity and high quality protein content. You should know that special renal diet program should contain less protein than regular foods. But, that doesn’t mean that this diet is not good – it has higher quality than any other normal diet program. Because of this diet program, many of the toxics can disappear. 

Good day.

I am sorry to hear this. I mean, I really get upset every time when I hear that some pet is being sick :/

I really hope that everything will be just fine, because I really do believe that this can be treated as well.

About your question, about the diet program, you should cook for your pet in this case. So, if you are still in the contact with your ex BF, I suggest you to tell him to start cook food for his little friend.

I am sure that very soon he will be able to see some progress. 

Hello.

My dog was really sick when I got him. At first, I was not so interested to have him, but very soon, I realized that I want this dog and that I love him.

I remember, when I went to see the vet, he was pretty mad at me telling me that I do not take a proper care of my dog. I have tried to explain situation to him, but he didn’t want to listen to me.

He was telling me something about diet for dogs with renal failure, and he told me that dogs need to have proper diet in this case, and that the best diet program is the one that is similar to ours. That means that this diet should contain up to 50% of the animal proteins. 

Hello. Of course, Zoo Baby. That is exactly what am I talking about. There are so many ways why this dog should follow protein diet program. Proteins are really good. And, amount of up to 50 % of the proteins in meal for your dog, should be just fine to try to control renal failure. I give my dog raw food, but when he has some stomach problems, I usually cook food for him. I always cook some rice, chicken, turkey, etc. It is very important to follow this, and I can almost guarantee you that your dog is going to be healthy for a long time. 

Good day all! :)

I can see that this is huge problem lately. Whenever I turn around, my friends are telling me that they do have some problem with renal failure in their dogs. There are so many ideal kidney diet for pets, and I can’t agree more that you can try with raw or cooked, homemade food. But, there are some other solutions.

For example, you can try canned formulation, because this food is high in water content, especially when you compare it with dry good. It is good when your pet is dehydrated as well. Also, it reduces levels of sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure.